Bad news for lfc fans from ireland and scandinavia

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stapo1000 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:27 pm

you may have noticed that many top teams including liverpool have opted to tour the US and canada for their pre-season matches. this trend comes as the top teams aim to increase their fan base across the globe. as a result, areas such as ireland and scandinavia have been excluded from lfc's pre-season plans. this comes as disappointiing news for me personally, as well as thousands of other liverpool fans, as liverpool did have their pre season tours closer to home in the past. a few years ago, for example, the carlsberg cup, liverpools pre-season tournament happened to be in landsdowne rd. and involved lazio, leeds,liverpool and st. pats. it was a great occasion but it probably wont happen again for a very long time.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:00 pm

I remember watching the Liverpool double winning team play the Rep. of Ireland in Cork on 18th August 1986.  Ray Houghton (then an Oxford player) put Ireland ahead but Kevin McDonald and Jan Molby (penalty) secured the win for Liverpool.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby fritzylfc » Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:20 pm

i remember ron yeats and st john missing  the boat or the plane home. from a tour over there, shankley took yeats to his office on the monday said what happened he gave a ****** and  bull story, has he walked out he said  i,ll send st john in shankley said no your a pair of lying #######.it was always part of pre season its another part of the routine that has changed:( :( :(
fritzylfc

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion