Yes
82%
No
18%
4th again?
No votes

Total votes : 17

Postby begintoend » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:42 am

Last season, LFC is no threat at all to those above!

This time I see that we are a threat and our main focus is to beat them home and away.

Consistency must be maintain so as we are not jinxed by those strugglers.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:30 am

Hard to say, with not much transfer activity to date.

Everyone here is mostly agreeable that Liverpool need quicker defender(s) and a good creative midfield. perhaps also add in a real right sided midfielder as well. Maybe Benny is working on his transfer options. At this juncture, still difficult to say if we will really threaten the top 3 until the weaknesses are rectified. Having said that, I am reasonably optimistic that we will have a better showing even without significant personnel changes.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:10 pm

I certainly hope so!

Personally I don't think that Arsenal will be as dominat next year, especially if Viera leaves.

Man UTD will stay roughly the same: a decent side but not quite good enough to win it.

However, I think Chelsea will be a force as I have been impressed by what they have done this summer, particularly if Drogba signs.

I was a big critic of Houllier last season but we still finished 4th (albeit 30 points off the top) and that was despite the fact that Owen was injured or misfiring for much of the season, Kewell was merely settling in, Heskey, Diouff, Diao, Cheyrou et al continued to struggle and we suffered some bad injuries in key areas.

Even if we brought no one else in I think we will definitely improve, but whether we will be in with a shout for the title even as early as the start of February remains to be seen.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Scousewil » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:23 pm

A threat!? We're gonna be more than that - we're gona win the Premiership!!! Manure are on their way down table, Arsenal are still gona be a force to be reckoned with but are gona lose Viera which will be a blow both psychologically and on the field and Chelsea, well it's gona be a fight to the bitter end... but i dont care who they've signed am up for a fight!!!  :angry:  GRrrrrrr
Scousewil

Postby whylongball? » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:39 pm

definitely a strong force next season..But i think to do it we need  one good signing̣..a fast creative rite winger..defence can be slow but if we defend deep its ok..central midfield we got steel in Hamann and SG so we don't really need anymore players..
whylongball?

Postby fivecups » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:19 pm

We'll improve on last season and should maintain our Champions league spot, but I don't think we'll be challenging for the title next May.

I love it if we were but the transformation from last season would have to be immense. Still with a new manager you never know.

BTW did I miss something or whats the news on Michael's deal?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:16 am

Great feeling of doing well next season, the main factor being the appointment of a worthy manager.

I just feel that 1 of the top 3 will fail next season. Just will like it to be stinking Manure. :D

Arsenal will still do well as long as they have a front line of Henry, Pires and Bergkamp. Liverpool looks good enought to hand them their 1st league defeat.

Chelsea, will be be in the running for the top but will falter later due to some internal disputes. $$ is the root of most problems. :D
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:10 pm

i wouldn't be too disappointed if we finished 4th again, i just can't accept being 30 points off the leaders. if we can break into the top 3 in benitez's first season it will be an exceptional achievement. owen is about to sign a new deal, gerrard has stayed, cisse has arrived, and there is a possibility of 1-2 more players coming in. things are looking positive. lets just hope that we play a more attractive style of football than the dross we were being served up under houllier.

incidentally, we're 14/1 for the premiership and 25/1 for the champions league. worth a punt i think. :grinning:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:18 pm

I'll go fourth agian but also yes if I could because I think we'll ahve the same result in the end but we will finish a lot closer to the eventual winner.  Manu will be much stronger next season as they'll have ferdinand back Fergie has his favourite assistant back they've made some signingsin the close season (although still haven't replaced Beckham).  Chelsea will be dominant but not as dominant as Arsenal last season.  Arsenal will lose a game (thus ending their league winning streak) and then as always happens with these things they'll have a bad patch but bounce back in time to fight it out for the title.
We will start of strongly with early wins and will remain in serious contention until February when we will peter out slightly and finish in the CL qualifying places again but will probably collect a trophy and will make it out of the CL group stage.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby zarababe » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:20 pm

I think we'll challenge and surprise a few including our own fans.

Benitez is focused and has the players adapting to a new regime, fitness-wise and so on... Its really exciting though and I hope we're in the reckoning towards April 05 :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion