Question about london - The chel$ki game ...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mgabby » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:12 pm

Hi lads,
I am coming from Israel to London for the Chel$ki game in the Champions league on Dec 6th. I hope weather will be ok :kungfu:

Do you know if i will be able to buy some LFC stuff (shirt, scarf etc') before the game? or do you know other place in London I can find it?
I have been a few times in London, but didn't see in LFC things anywhere  :no

Thanks for help friends !!
mgabby

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:24 pm

A few questions:

1) Have you been to the game before?

2) Are you Israeli ?

3) How did you get a ticket ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mgabby » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:33 pm

a few answers

1. Been to Anfield a few times. Last LFC game was Istanbul :D

2. Yes. Who else could I be coming from Israel ??

3. Got some kind friends in London ... They invited me to the game, but I am afraid seats will be with chel$ki fans ...
mgabby

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:35 pm

A few responses to your answers

1) What a fuc.king game

2) Is it only Isreali people allowed to live in and travel out of Isreal these days?

3) Get in their in your red and white and sing your heart out
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welshred » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:39 pm

Go to leicester sq theres a bloke with a stall that has every  EPL teams scarf and other footy items on it.  :kungfu:
welshred

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:49 pm

mgabby wrote:Hi lads,
I am coming from Israel to London for the Chel$ki game in the Champions league on Dec 6th. I hope weather will be ok :kungfu:

Do you know if i will be able to buy some LFC stuff (shirt, scarf etc') before the game? or do you know other place in London I can find it?
I have been a few times in London, but didn't see in LFC things anywhere  :no

Thanks for help friends !!

If the weather carries on the way it is now it'll be effin' freezin' (today 6c) . As for "Lfc things" there's loads of stalls in oxford street where you can pick up scarves and hats , plus all the major sports stores have LFC shirts etc. For all the other stuff, you can buy online OR why not take a quick trip up to Liverpool (only a couple of hours by train or coach) and visit the club shop.

Whatever you do , have a good a one .   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby mgabby » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:56 pm

well, some more answers .....

1. Well, the Istanbul game was ok. Not bad at all .... Picture added ...  :buttrock

2. Wow, a political question. That might be long ....
First of all, all people that live in Israel are Israelis. Israelis are devided into jews (about 80%) and arabs (mostly muslims but also christians). There are also some other small minorities.
ALL Israelis can travel in and out of the country with no problems. The only thing you have to pass is the security check in the airport. Since most of the world airplanes terrorist were muslims as I reacall (can't remember a jew crashing an airplane into a building to kill people ...) so you might think that my security check will be shorter than lets say an arab flying in the same plane to London.
I might guess that these days, the same arab will be questioned in Heathrow or in JFK airport in a different way that I will be ...
BTW, there are about 2 million tourists coming to Israel every year. You are welcomed.
To years ago Maccabi Haifa was supposed to play Liverpool, but lost to Haka from Finland because they played a player who was susspended from european games .... So LFC went to Finland and not to Israel .....

3. I will !!! I have done it once when I sat with the Scum United fans at Anfield (behund the goal on the left side)....
Guess I have to find better friends ...  :laugh:

oh, and here a pic from a game in Istanbul .....
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

mgabby

Postby mgabby » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:04 pm

woof woof ! wrote:For all the other stuff, you can buy online OR why not take a quick trip up to Liverpool (only a couple of hours by train or coach) and visit the club shop.

Whatever you do , have a good a one .   :)

Well, I bought some things at Amazon (both DVD's from last year), but going all the way to Liverpool just to buy a scarf .....  ???

Anyway, hope to come to Liverpool for the Semi finale of the Champions league (LFC Vs Barcelona sounds good to me). I will buy you a beer at the albert docks....

See you all at gay Paris, late May ....  :eyebrow
mgabby

Postby mgabby » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:06 am

ok, so at least the Chel$ki game got some meaning ...
we need a draw, to stay at first place. Chel$ki need a win for first, but can't lose the second place in any case.

The bad news??? When Rafa needs a draw - I just know I will go all the way to London just to see a 0-0 .....   :angry:

Do we want to finish first ?? I think we do ... but just to avoid Barcelona ...

Teams that guarenteed first place : Arsenal, Barcelona, Lyonnais, Inter Milan

Teams that guarenteed second place : Ajax, Real Madrid,
mgabby

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:54 am

mgabby wrote:ok, so at least the Chel$ki game got some meaning ...
we need a draw, to stay at first place. Chel$ki need a win for first, but can't lose the second place in any case.

The bad news??? When Rafa needs a draw - I just know I will go all the way to London just to see a 0-0 .....   :angry:

Do we want to finish first ?? I think we do ... but just to avoid Barcelona ...

Teams that guarenteed first place : Arsenal, Barcelona, Lyonnais, Inter Milan

Teams that guarenteed second place : Ajax, Real Madrid,

Yes to be Pot 1 come the last 16 draw would give us a more significant chance of progressing as we could avoid Barcelona and other giants. Although we might get drawn with Real Madrid or Manure (do we still get country protection?), there is a muhc higher chance of us drawing the relatively weaker teams, such as Ajax, Rangers/Porto/Artmedia, Schalke 04/PSV/Fenerbahce etc.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:27 am

Enjoy yourself mgabby, all the major sports stores will have official merchandise LFC shirts - Allsports, JJB Sports, JD Sports etc etc and they're on every high street in London

As for scarves there'll be stallholders and scallies flogging them everywhere

give those chelsea fans some sh!t when we beat them :buttrock
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mgabby » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:58 pm

Thanks mate !
I will post all storys and pictures from my visit to stamford when I am back, a few days after the game (I will come back to Israel only on Friaday, 3 days after the game ...)
I still hope the get tckets to the Arsenal - Ajax game the next day ....
I am sort of Ajax fan too .... any way always fun to see champions league games. Last year I saw 5 games ! 
4 by my Israeli team, Maccabi Tel-Aviv (against Juve, Bayern Munich and both homa and away against Ajax - what a group we had ... ).
5th game was LFC against Milan  :buttrock
mgabby

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion