Beckham - Return?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Fri May 25, 2007 9:29 pm

So Mr Beckham could get back into the England set up just before he quits football for good this season and goes and joins the circus...

If I was McClaren Id stay well away from this one but we will wait and see what will happen

From the BBC...

England coach Steve McClaren has refused to play down growing speculation that former captain David Beckham is in line for a recall.

McClaren names the England squad for the friendly against Brazil at Wembley and the Euro 2008 qualifier in Estonia at noon on Saturday.

Beckham, 32, has not played for England since the World Cup quarter-final defeat against Portugal in June.

McClaren said: "Is the door open for Beckham? I never said it was closed."

Beckham, who will move to Major League Soccer outfit LA Galaxy in the summer, has been an influential member of the Real Madrid side that is closing in on La Liga.

He has earned rave reviews, and, according to Madrid coach Fabio Capello, Beckham is in the "best form of his life".

"I told David the other day that I thought he has never been in such good form either mentally or physically and he agreed with me."

"I can't understand how a player who is playing so well can be left out of any national side," said Capello.

McClaren has admitted that Beckham's return is not impossible.

He said: "Does Beckham enter my mind? There are quite a few who do that and you will see on Saturday what the intentions are.

"Is there a more in-form midfielder than Beckham? We are talking about issues which aren't here yet and we will deal with them on Saturday if they come up.

"I keep my eye on everyone and David is one I said from day one that his form will be monitored."
Last edited by Dundalk on Fri May 25, 2007 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat May 26, 2007 4:00 am

If Manhattan were Beckham, I'd tell McLaren to go fook himself and instead focus on a life in Hollywood earning a lot of money and banging my wife.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion