Beckham sent off

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:03 am

David Beckham was sent off as Real Madrid were held to a goalless draw at home by Real Betis on Saturday.

Beckham was shown a straight red card in injury-time at the Bernabeu after scything down Isidoro from behind on the edge of the Betis penalty area.

The former England captain was only recalled to the Real Madrid side last week following a six-match exile.

His decision to join American side LA Galaxy at the end of the season had angered coach Fabio Capello.

Beckham scored on his return to the team last week after Capello had gone back on his threat never to select the midfielder again.

"We have had little help from referees this year," said Capello.

"It was a foul in favour of Beckham (moments before) and I think the referee was a little quick to flash a red card.

"I've seen it on television and I don't think it merited a red card."
Last edited by Dundalk on Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yoda » Wed May 23, 2007 6:49 am

how bad could it be I hate refs
yoda

Postby Judge » Wed May 23, 2007 7:47 am

Dundalk wrote:David Beckham was sent off as Real Madrid were held to a goalless draw at home by Real Betis on Saturday.

Beckham was shown a straight red card in injury-time at the Bernabeu after scything down Isidoro from behind on the edge of the Betis penalty area.

The former England captain was only recalled to the Real Madrid side last week following a six-match exile.

His decision to join American side LA Galaxy at the end of the season had angered coach Fabio Capello.

Beckham scored on his return to the team last week after Capello had gone back on his threat never to select the midfielder again.

"We have had little help from referees this year," said Capello.

"It was a foul in favour of Beckham (moments before) and I think the referee was a little quick to flash a red card.

"I've seen it on television and I don't think it merited a red card."

do you have a movie link to the incident ?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion