Reds recruit spanish starlet - - yes, another one!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:04 am

Liverpool are on the brink of sealing the loan signing of Malaga starlet Francis Duran.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez has utilised his knowledge of the Spanish market to bring the 18-year-old to Anfield on loan until June 2008, with an option to make the deal permanent in the future.

The Segunda Division side are currently mired in financial trouble and had little chance of keeping hold of the player who does not even have a professional contract as yet.

Francis is expected to travel to Liverpool on Wednesday to put the finishing touches to a deal that sees him join The Reds on-loan for a fee of €100,000 (£66,000), with a further €400,000 (£264,000) needed to make the arrangement permanent.

Now the Malaga youngster admits he cannot wait to get to grips with English football and work under former Valencia boss Benitez.

"I have spoken with Rafa Benitez and I believe that this is the best option for me," Francis told Spanish media.

"To play in Liverpool is a dream for me and now I only desire to fight for a place at the club."

The Reds are working hard to recruit talented youngsters in the January transfer window and have already tied up deals for Jordy Brouwer, Astrit Ajdarevic, Daniele Padelli and Emiliano Insua

----------

The 5th youngster to come in in January!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:31 pm

Nice to see the club pushing on with Rafa's policy to recruit youngsters to strengthen the academy. The youth, and sucessful youth policies are vital more than ever in football today with all the money being thrown around by our rivals.

However I would still like the club to pump a lot more money into the potential stars of football in the future. Diaby, Walcott, Denilson, Anderson, Bale and Richards are all players we should of been in the market for. In the case of the last two, Micah Richards and Gareth Bale, the suggested fees have been somewhere in the region of £10m. I know people will say this is a high fee for potential stars, but I would still like to see our team pursue these players vigourously.

Richards is a young English player who can player anywhere from Centre back, right back of Defensive Midfield. His versaitility and potential make him a very good prospect for the future and probably will lead him into becoming a leading defender for club and country. The £10m fee is scary for just "potential", but under the right guidance his potential will be realised. Look around at the prices for English Centre backs at the moment. £20m is a figure quoted for Ledley King, who hardly gets a game for England. £28m was spent on Rio. John Terry is virtually priceless. Even Curtis Davies who is playing Coca Cola League football is reportedly worth around the £10m mark. Upson - who is 27 and has been blighted by injury for the past year and a half is a target for West Ham for around 8m at the moment.

English defenders with the potential of Micah are very rare indeed. £10m would be a great price to pay if he turns out half the player he could be. He would be a great servant to the club and probably - owing to sucess on the field - would be here for a very long time. Like everything a £10m fee for someone like Micah or Bale is a risk, but in my opinion, its a risk well worth taking.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:31 pm

Last week we had a Spanish kid, two Argentinians and a Norwegian on trial. Don't know if this is the Spanish kid or not. What position does he play?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:58 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Nice to see the club pushing on with Rafa's policy to recruit youngsters to strengthen the academy. The youth, and sucessful youth policies are vital more than ever in football today with all the money being thrown around by our rivals.

However I would still like the club to pump a lot more money into the potential stars of football in the future. Diaby, Walcott, Denilson, Anderson, Bale and Richards are all players we should of been in the market for. In the case of the last two, Micah Richards and Gareth Bale, the suggested fees have been somewhere in the region of £10m. I know people will say this is a high fee for potential stars, but I would still like to see our team pursue these players vigourously.

Richards is a young English player who can player anywhere from Centre back, right back of Defensive Midfield. His versaitility and potential make him a very good prospect for the future and probably will lead him into becoming a leading defender for club and country. The £10m fee is scary for just "potential", but under the right guidance his potential will be realised. Look around at the prices for English Centre backs at the moment. £20m is a figure quoted for Ledley King, who hardly gets a game for England. £28m was spent on Rio. John Terry is virtually priceless. Even Curtis Davies who is playing Coca Cola League football is reportedly worth around the £10m mark. Upson - who is 27 and has been blighted by injury for the past year and a half is a target for West Ham for around 8m at the moment.

English defenders with the potential of Micah are very rare indeed. £10m would be a great price to pay if he turns out half the player he could be. He would be a great servant to the club and probably - owing to sucess on the field - would be here for a very long time. Like everything a £10m fee for someone like Micah or Bale is a risk, but in my opinion, its a risk well worth taking.

totally agree rafa-dodd.

i would love to to see micah richards here. with finann turning 31 his year, he may only have a couple of seasons in him at the very top of his game, especially as football nowadays is played at an increasing fast pace.

Left back is a position thats been under strutiny this season with riises form and defensive capabilities being questioned. Bale would be a perfect foil to be groomed in that position.

Two very exciting english prospects, and at £10mil each - they represent a gamble - but also an amazing opportunity.

And as you've already stated with king, ferdinand, davies and terry, £10mil even sounds reasonable for england future right back (once neville retires)
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:26 pm

I know Redman, and hopefully this new DIC investment will mean we will always be in the frame for players like these.

If I was manager, I would get both of them. £20m is a large outlay but your sorted for the next ten years(at least) in the LB and RB slot. Also the two brightest young defenders in the game at the same club for that long can only be a good thing. Look at Beckham, Scholes and Neville at United or Adams, Keown and Dixon at Arsenal.

Here's hoping...
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:28 pm

we've signed a defender from deportivo aswell. at least finnan has some cover now.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/la-liga/...to1070806.shtml
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:32 pm

stmichael wrote:we've signed a defender from deportivo aswell. at least finnan has some cover now.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/la-liga/...to1070806.shtml

It only says he is being lined up like.

Used to play at MAdrid that lad I am sure.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mramo » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:58 pm

pics of Francis Duran can be found on

http://www.malagacf.es homepage

type Francis Duran in the search area & 3 thumbnail will appear of him at the bottom of the results.

Surely not another Patrik Berger lookalike?  :oops:
mramo

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:01 pm

Surely not another Patrik Berger lookalike?   

Who was the other(s) look a like then?
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:02 pm

Liverpool have clinched a deal for Spanish defender Alvaro Arbeloa, according to Deportivo la Coruna boss Joaquin Caparros.

Reports in Spain claim that The Reds are ready to pay €4million (£2.64million) for the former Real Madrid full-back who only moved to Depor at the start of the current season.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez has always been keen to reinforce at right-back as Steve Finnan's position is largely unchallenged at Anfield at present.

The former Valencia boss has held a long-term interest in Sevilla star Daniel Alves, but Arbeloa now looks set to make the move from the Primera Liga before the close of the transfer window on Wednesday night.

Caparros has admitted that the Spanish club have sanctioned the sale of the player who cost €1.3million (£860,000) from Real in the summer.

"It's a good option for the club [Deportivo] and I'm sure they'll sell him for more than they bought him for five months ago," Caparros told a news conference.

Liverpool are also close to tying up a deal for Malaga starlet Francis Duran as they continue to exploit Benitez's nous in the Spanish transfer market

Your right Leon
account deleted by request

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:08 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
Surely not another Patrik Berger lookalike?   

Who was the other(s) look a like then?

berger's twin
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:16 pm

i like the idea that lfc are signing lads from around the globe who have hunger and desire to push until they have nothing left,
imo the problem with going and spending 10 mill on bale or 7.5 on micar richards is that a very young age they believe that they have made it and the diamond ear rings appear with the bently and a token slapper in tow
you only have to look at xabi and momo and kuyt to see the type of player rafa like to work with,

i heard bellamy on talk sport a while back and he admitted that lfc is different to any other club he has been at for the hard work side of things,

i would love the academy to dig up another mike owens, a player that knew he had the ability but was driven by the will to become the best in the world which imo he was for a time

carra is a prime example of a rafa type player, determined to be the best he can be and no one will stop him, maybe not the most fashionable player in the world but would run though a wall to stop a shot, Chelsea seem to bring the best out in carra

hopefuly the money to be invested and rafa's passion for bringing young talent forward will bring the renasance of the academy, even if steve highways time is soon coming to an end the academy must do better imo
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:05 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Nice to see the club pushing on with Rafa's policy to recruit youngsters to strengthen the academy. The youth, and sucessful youth policies are vital more than ever in football today with all the money being thrown around by our rivals.

Agree mate... wait till the takeover happens and Im sure Rafa will pump more money into the youth system and buying good young players.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:32 am

I have a friend who's a supporter of Poli Ejido in Segunda Division, and he's some sort of fanatic of the youth systems, he watches dozens of games of lower categories to spot new talents.

Duran comes from C.F Mortadelo, one of the most famous youth systems in southern Spain. The team it has a funny name because Mortadelo is a well known comic hero here

But when it comes to footie, they have produced many of the best Andalucian players.

He says Duran is a great signing for the future. He hasn't evolved his body totally - he has to grow a little bit more, but he's an all round good midfielder, knows defending, knows distributing, and his touch of the ball is good. He says we're lucky to get him at 100K, looks like Rafa is taking advantage of the clubs with economic troubles.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Soul » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:56 pm

Hang on...

We've signed a player brought up by a youth system run by Harry Hill?

Red Soul

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion