Another youngster to sign

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:26 am

Emiliano Insua.

Here is an interview for Clarin where he told his experience in Liverpool.

http://old.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v4/pagina.jsp?pagId=01318232

The 17 year old defender told us that Rafa Benitez talked to him a lot (probably showed him some DVDs of his defending for Boca academy  ) and that he will play as "lateral volante" on the left.
Lateral = wing
volante= midfielder

He said that Chileans consider Mark Gonzalez as lateral volante   and so is Roberto Carlos. Attacking fullback? wingback? Simply fullback?

Insua is 180 cm's and was yesterday at the club " I had a dream  of playing at La Bombonera (Boca's stadium) . One day I will manage. "

He is only 17 and has a great future ahead. Emiliano Insua put the Boca shirt on for the first time when he was 9, and always caught the eye for his technical ability, his intelligence, his character, and his elegant use of his leg peg . Not everything went smoothly as he suffered a serious knee injury that kept him out for one year, but with hard work he put that behind. Now, while he is training with the Argentinian U20 NT, he is counting his days remaining at Boca ready to join no other place but Liverpool.

What was it like in Liverpool?

The city is very nice, and all the houses look the same. It catches you eye the quietness of the place. Everything is in its place, orderly. From what I saw, the only negative aspect is the weather cause it is always raining.
Did you visit the Cavern, where the Beatles started off their career?

They took me to a museum down there. Obviously I know who the Beatles are, but it was my dad, Alberto, who enjoyed the visit the most. He got emotional.

And on football matters what was it like?
I watched two Liverpool games, against PSV and Man City. I was surprised by the speed of the game. The pitch is always wet so that the ball runs faster, When it is not raining they water it. From the tactical point of view they play 4-4-2 and there is a barrage of crosses during the game.

Who of your new teammates you liked most?
The best is Salif Diao  :kungfu:  Steven Gerrard. He always plays it first touch and is always on the move. Besides he is very good at getting into the box. I also liked the two centerbacks, Daniel Agger, a 21 year old boy, and the Icelandic Sami Hyypia  .

Another player that stands out is the giant Peter Crouch. He plays very well for such a big lad  .
Most of the players are big lads, but they are dynamic. In general their technical ability is not as good as in Argentina.

Were you with the manager, Benitez?

Benitez was great. He was very humble when we met, and showed me the training facilities, and even told me that I would be playing as "left wing midfielder" (as I said, apparently left back).
Insua was last week in Liverpool to have his medical test. The clubs have agreed a fee and all that remains is to sign the loan contract: Boca will receive 170.000 euros, and with an option of getting 1.700.000 euros. When he finishes his duties with the under 20's the player will go to Liverpool and from the 8th of January, one day after his 18th birthday, will be available to play in the Premier League during the next 18 months. 

What are you leaving behind?
Many things. My family, my friends. And most of all Boca, the club that pick me up when I was small, and that gave me the chance to develop as a player and now have this opportunity.

Why there were talks about "exercise of parental authority"?

Many people talk for the sake of it. On my side nobody suggested that possibility. That was something done between both clubs. I would have never betrayed Boca for all they have given me.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:40 am

Sounds dodgy to me anyone who says Salif Diao is the best needs medical attention, dont you think?

Only messing but hopefully he will ahve something about him in training.  That might either kick start Riise Liverpool career or even maybe fingers crossed be good enough to take Riise's place int he starting 11.  Ethier way it looks like good buisness to me.

Anyone else think WAyne Bridge should be worth looking at for left back?
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:43 am

"In general their technical ability is not as good as in Argentina."

No surprise there then.

His comments on Diao are interesting but then again we dont see training.  In training he could do some amazing stuff.
puroresu

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:36 am

puroresu wrote:"In general their technical ability is not as good as in Argentina."

No surprise there then.

His comments on Diao are interesting but then again we dont see training.  In training he could do some amazing stuff.

In training he will be sh!te like he is in a match.

The only amazing thing about him training is the fact that he turned up, the lazy money grabbing c'nt.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:13 pm

liverpool unveil new away kit for next season

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:18 pm

:D
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion