Yet another youngster - From millwall

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:01 pm

Liverpool capture Lions youngster 
Liverpool have signed 16-year-old Millwall trainee David Amoo for an undisclosed fee.
Amoo was a prolific scorer for the South-East London club and his signature was highly sought after.

Lions manager Willie Donachie told the club website, "We're very disappointed to be losing David he had the potential to be a first team player here."

Liverpool's head of recruitment Malcolm Elias said: "He's an exciting talent with fantastic physical prowess."

Amoo represented London as a sprinter in the English Schools National Track and Field Championships.

Elias added: "Along with Marvin Pourie and Nathan Ecclestone he'll provide excellent competition for places among the first year boys in this season's under-18 set-up."

The forward was close to a first team call up at Millwall with the youngster considered as one of the best prospects at the academy.

He joins a talented bunch of young players to have joined Liverpool who are looking to follow up on their FA Youth Cup success.

I think that makes the last 2 youngsters English, Ryan Crowthers(sp) the winger being the other one

I smell a 3-Pete
JoeTerp

Postby Redrulz(lfc) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:13 am

Sign all the great talents from all over the world but did rafa gave them a chance to show their talent at highest level.???
liverpool till death
Redrulz(lfc)

Postby lfcseb » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:48 pm

hope he turns out good!
lfcseb

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:30 pm

I feel like we are overloaded with attacking players at the U-18 level now. At the Academy we have Michael Scott returning from his 1st year for teh u-18s, Michael Collins the Irishman who we just signed to a pro contract returning from his first year with the U-18s, Nathan Eccelston the only striker in his birth year to make the step up from the youger ranks into the U-18, Dani Pacheco from Barca apparently with loads of promise, Marvin Pourie the German 16 year old, and now David Amoo from Millwall will all train at the academy but we also have the Hungarians who are 18 and 17, and just a step avove them there is Lindfiled, Jordy, Besian, and El Zhar all 19-20 right now.   I know competition is a good thing to keep players wanting and needing to improve, but it doesn't seem like any of these players are going to get enough chances in GAMES to learn anything because of how much time they are going to need to split.
JoeTerp

Postby .:RedKuyt:. » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:10 pm

he's good man
.:RedKuyt:.

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:43 pm

Liverpool Under-18s were in fine form as they produced an impressive performance in their first outing of pre-season as they beat Plymouth Argyle 4-1 at the Academy on Saturday.
Marvin Pouri, Daniel Pachecho, David Amoo and Nathan Ecclestone were all on target for the Reds.

Coach Hughie McAuley told Liverpoolfc.tv: "We fielded two teams and the players had 45 minutes each. It was a mixture of the Academy and the young Melwood based players.

"We played some decent football and the lads worked very hard. At this stage it's all about getting the players ready and fit for the new season.

"We now entertain Carlisle United on Wednesday and then play Birmingham City next Saturday."
JoeTerp

Postby RedBlood » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:45 am

Daniel Pachecho scored on his debut  :buttrock juding by what i have heard and seen on youtube he has a massive future
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:42 am

RedBlood wrote:Daniel Pachecho scored on his debut  :buttrock juding by what i have heard and seen on youtube he has a massive future

Cringe.

Please don't.

Any player can look good on youtube, so please don't tell us he's got a great future because he took the pi.ss on youtube.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:50 am

:D Good old youtube.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:08 am

yeh youtube doesnt tell the full story on a player. unless ur searching james beattie......
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:26 am

youtube is an excellent scout engine.  :D

I wonder if rafa uses youtube to buy players  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:30 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:
RedBlood wrote:Daniel Pachecho scored on his debut  :buttrock juding by what i have heard and seen on youtube he has a massive future

Cringe.

Please don't.

Any player can look good on youtube, so please don't tell us he's got a great future because he took the pi.ss on youtube.

Deep inside you know we've got one of the best talent in Daniel Pachecho.

I read that he's one of the best striker that the barcelona youth set-up had , and were gutted to see him go.
Elchris

Postby Rafa D » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:49 am

Elchris wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:

Cringe.

Please don't.

Deep inside you know we've got one of the best talent in Daniel Pachecho.

I read that he's one of the best striker that the barcelona youth set-up had , and were gutted to see him go.

Deep Inside?!? What the fu.ck lad?

All I said was don't use youtube as a source to back any claims up, it makes you look foolish.

He might be a cracking little player but if someone says to me

"I watched this player on youtube.."

I stop reading there.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:59 pm

Liverpool Under-18s took their pre-season goals tally to 12 in three games as they beat Birmingham City 4-2 at the Academy on Saturday morning.
Gary MacKay Steven scored twice while German youngster Marvin Pouriez and Michael Collins also got on the scoresheet.
Pouriez took his tally to four goals in three games.

Liverpool coach Hughie McAuley told Liverpoolfc.tv: "We have players who can score goals and it is good to see them going into the back of the opposition net.

"The Under-18s will be a very attacking team this year and there are some very talented youngsters with a lot of promise.

"The attitude of the players has been first class so far but we need to improve the defensive side of our game. Birmingham scored two goals in the final 20 minutes of the game and could have scored another one.

"You will certainly see goals going in at both ends of the pitch in the coming season and it will be entertaining to watch."

the German striker is ON FIRE!  We have to be favorites to win the fa youth cup 3 times in 3 years, we are crushing everyone in sight so far
JoeTerp

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:25 pm

Thats good news, hopefully they will keep playing well and show their class to benitez
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion