Liverpool sign french youngster mavinga

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redbeergoggles » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:49 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
GOAT wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:By the way this mavinga lad is 170 cm rather short for a center back, and if were going to sign someone from psg , i would have hoped it would be mamadou sakho , he's a big lad and very highly rated all around the world , this would have been a good chance to snap him from psg as a replacement for hypia , he's only 19 as well and can play left back

reminds me of the Pacheco signing.

We signed a teenage sensation striker from Barca,  Was it Bojan?  No, his name is Pacheco.

We signed a teenage fullback from PSG, was it Sakho? No, It was Mavinga.

We would never have been able to sign bojan jesus fecking christ, and pacheco is one of our very best young talents so I don't know what you're talking about there, putting him down, looks like we signed someone who could have a big future in Pacheco even if he isnt the great bojan

i like pacheco. i was just pointing out the similarities. and I know that we could not have signed bojan, probably could not have signed sakho either, or at least i imagine the price PSG would want for him would be based on his highest possible potential, making it too expensive of a risk.

Two players Joe who have shattered that particular train of thought Fabio Cannavaro ,Ivan Cordoba two centre backs who have had excellent careers both players vertically challenged shall we say.

I think Pacheco could flourish in the Premiership and eventually become a prominent figure in the Reds midfield ,his eye for a defence splitting pass is outstanding ,he reminds me of a young Djorkaeff in his pomp an attacking midfielder capable of the truly inspiring .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:39 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:By the way this mavinga lad is 170 cm rather short for a center back, and if were going to sign someone from psg , i would have hoped it would be mamadou sakho , he's a big lad and very highly rated all around the world , this would have been a good chance to snap him from psg as a replacement for hypia , he's only 19 as well and can play left back

reminds me of the Pacheco signing.

We signed a teenage sensation striker from Barca,  Was it Bojan?  No, his name is Pacheco.

We signed a teenage fullback from PSG, was it Sakho? No, It was Mavinga.

When the rumors first started other newspapers called him a centre half that can play at fullback, but in the official sites press release it says he is a fullback who can play CB, surely his lack of height will take away from his versatility at higher levels.  Still find it strange as we have Insua who has done well and Butchmann who was named by UEFA as one of the best 17 year olds at any position in all of Europe.  And we have two other senior LBs

:laugh:

what has pacheco actually done for us , sure he's got talent .  Bojan is the youngest scorer in the champions league , whereas pacheco has yet to make a apperance in a league game for us . Sakho is highly rated by alot of clubs and its only a matter of time before he's snapped up . Going by this signing i can only say that we've fulfilled our quota of a unknown youngster this season . I'm not slagging of the lad , i'm just skeptical about him .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Soul » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:39 pm

Mavinga is a good signing. A very good talent seen by Raf and co. Could be very useful to us in the next season.
Jan Mølby: 'Liverpool have a soul'
Soul

Postby ElNino9 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:47 pm

Is he not with the rest of the squad in Bangkok?
ElNino9

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:54 pm

i believe he is at melwood with the ressies, bit of a let down that he isn't in the French U19 squad for the Euros coming up in a few days.  I don't think we have any players in it, and we didn't have any in the U21 Euros either IIRC.
JoeTerp

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:07 pm

roberto green wrote:
mart wrote:He is considered to be one of the top talents in france. I have never seen him play but hopefully he will develop into a good player.

mange tout mange tout

:D

Oooooohhhhh, Cul de Sac !!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ElNino9 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:27 pm

Mavinga est super!!
ElNino9

Postby Nando26 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:55 pm

Thier just kids get off thier back

If they make it great if they dont its not a desaster
Nando26

Postby pokster » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:22 am

I saw news in the Mirror that we signed a 17 year old German defender from Borussia Dortmund. Stephen Sama. Any truth in it?
pokster

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion