Rugby union - England vs new zealand

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby taff » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:24 pm

Its an odd thing but Im used to it.  The weird thing is I know lads who follow football with the usual hatred for the opposition fans but they go to six nations games and mingle and have a laugh with all sorts of fans.

Personally I love the French, they bring loads of wine over and are happy to hand it out before, during and after the game, they also throw cockrels around the ground as well  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:51 pm

with the odd exception of everyone hating the english taff that true.

Having lived in cardiff for 8 years now, and been to many games at the stadium, there is still alot of hatred there when it comes to england-wales.

but it even branches out further than that, as i was there when the british lions played argentina: we were losing with a couple of minutes to go and johnny wilkinson was gearing  up to take a penalty that would draw us level. There were a bunch of welsh lads behind us that just laid into him, slating him and saying f'king english pri.ck, hope he misses...dispite him playing for the BRITISH lions.  it wasnt the decision not to go for the corner , to try and get a try to win the game, it was at wilkinson himself - and i'm sure they weren't the only welshmen inside the ground to say that.
Last edited by Redman in wales on Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:03 pm

England Wales is down here some form of war and probably always will be.  You wont see much fighting apart from usual end of night kebab shop scraps.

But it is a "highlight" of the year.

The Wilkinson thing is ignorance unfortunately and I hate that although the Lions selections last time round were bizarre and biased
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:23 pm

union..... :talktothehand

what about the great display in the tri-nations on satdy...

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum