Please help! - Bloody msn messenger

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby kazza 1 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:54 pm

Ok everyone. I need any help I can get here!!! I have been using MSN messenger 7.5 for a while now, but the other day an icon came up on my task bar for installing updates. I updated the computer and for some reason windows messenger live installed itself. It worked ok for a few days and now I cant sign into it. So I tried to trouble shoot the problem, which did not solve the problem, so uninstalled it and reinstalled messenger 7.5. And I still cant sign in.
Would anyone out there who knows anything about computers be able to help?? I would be grateful. I have tried a few forums as there seem to be a few people having problems with WML, but its all jargon to me!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:05 am

My daughter had this problem this afternoon - did it come up with an error number and then a repair option? If it did close MSN down and then restart your comp. When your computer restarts give it a couple of mins and then try again. (My hard drive was working overtime for a couple of mins after I restarted)It worked for me anyway  :)
account deleted by request

Postby Mikz » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:59 am

Its having technical problems , and reviewing all the conversations people have had , and anyone who talked a load of b.alls is banned   :lookaround
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:58 pm

There seem to be a lot of people having problems with it.  I cant sign in at all. I know some people have been getting error messages, but I dont get anything. It just refuses to sign me in!!!!
I have found a few forums that give you things to help, but as I said before, its all jargon to me.
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:05 pm

Unplug your cable, exit MSN completely, so it doesn't show in icons (to do it, below on the right hand corner find your msn, and right-click, and chose EXIT.. After you done this restart your computer and when it will starts to log off, plug in your cable and let it restart.

I got this off a help forum Kazza1 - it explains it a bit better than I did.
account deleted by request

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:10 pm

I found a freeware application once that retrieves all known MSN usernames and passwords that have ever been used on a particular machine this application is installed on.  Obviously, there are privacy issues here (what if your PC was second hand for instance) but I'll have a look for you, it might help you in this instance.  No promises though, this was about a year ago I found this application.  Might not be able to find it now.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:10 pm

Just having me tea though, not right now.
jonnymac1979

Postby kazza 1 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:45 pm

Thanks for the advice lads, but I have got it working again. Ended up getting from a forum.

So for anyone else who might have the same problems.. here goes.

1. In the notification are of the taskbar click on the messenger icon and then click exit.

2. On the task bar, click start, then click control panel

3. Double click add or remove programmes.

4. Under currently installed programmes, click windows live      messenger and then click change.

5. Click repair.

And hey presto it worked.
I could'nt understand why I could sign in on the web messenger and not on my own msn. But hopefully thats it sorted. (fingers crossed) But thanks again for the help!! :bowdown
Gone but never forgotten
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum