Msn messenger - Virus

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:26 am

Has anybody heard or been affected with this virus on msn that sends a file which accepts automatically which then sends to every contact on your list which then sends to every contact on theres?

I've researched about it on the internet and apparently its not just me, its been going on around the world. Some of the file names include: Choke.exe, Funner.exe but mine was called Funny Pic and it was a .bmp file.

Do anyone of you guys know about this and how to get rid of it? Any help is greatly appreciated because this is really getting fu*king annoying.
Last edited by chiggz_likes_owen on Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:30 pm

Didn't hear about this so no I can't be of help :D
But it is good to know, won't be opening any exe's or pics from my contacts
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:46 pm

I'm not a pc tech chigz but don't you have anti virus stuff installed that prevents opening of potentially harmfull stuff ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Mikz » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:50 pm

Theres only one way I know to get rid of it-Go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ and do an online virus scan. Its no good trying to scan with virus software installed on your computer cos it will close them down or stop them from opening. Delete the files on trend micro and pm me and ill give you the FixsSerflog program :)
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:53 pm

You should get Adware it spots virus instally you defenitly need an anti virus protection programe you should get Adware if you get one don't get Norton anti virus its rubbish :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:57 pm

Adaware wouldnt know what to do with the trojan he has.Its great for adware and spyware etc but this one wont let you run anything installed on your hard drive.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:58 pm

Get Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, AVG Anti Virus and run a registry scan.  Any more information you need, PM me and I will take you through what you need to do.
jonnymac1979

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:08 am

Thanks for the help you guys, but I've already ran a virus check with Norton and me thinks all the problems are gone now. :)
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:39 am

ive got mcafee, never had a problem and it updates daily from teh net so its cool
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:02 pm

I had a virus a few weeks back and spent all bloody day trying to sort it out with Norton, Adaware, Microsoft online help etc

But all to no avail   :(

Then I went to the doctors and he gave me antibiotics which cleared it up just nicely  :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum