Relive your special memories - Everyone come and recall those thoughts

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Billy_5_Times » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:15 am

Everyone has different special thoughts of their time at Anfield or their players at Anfield, so this is where you can come and share them.

I have been to almost every home game for the last 10 years with me dad. I have whitnessed some great games and some not so great games but all of which are special to me.

My personal favourite moment connected with Liverpool has to be the homcoming in 2005. Me and the ol' feller where at St George's Hall and had been there since about 5 o'lock because we were under the impression they were coming at 7. Around 9 we get told the bus will be another 2 hours. I'd had no tea and the weather was getting cold and me dad's legs had given up on him. But we got towards the museum and stayed. As the bus made it's way down, we got a great speck in between the trees and sung our hearts out to our heroes. Great night.

I would of went with being at Istanbul or the Chelsea semi final in 2005 or the 4-3s with Newcastle but I wanted something a little less obvious.

So that's mine. What are yours?
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby madred » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:20 am

Seeing Kenny Dalglish score in 1985 at Anfield against Watford. I would have walked a million miles but  luckily got driven up to the ground. :D
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:04 pm

Smaller ones that stick out..... 5-1 v Forest, when Forest were a very good team, Barnes's goal against QPR, Danny Murphy's hex on United, Stevie G against Olympiakos, Mikey in the Cup final in '01.....
So many good times it's ridiculous......!!!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreenred » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:24 pm

nothing comes close to st etiene in 77 awsome
thegreenred

Postby andypool2285 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:07 pm

i no this wasnt at anfield but just turn 16 i think and it was my 1st FA Cup Final i was aloud on my own with me mates  ready to have a few cans on the bus? 4 year on -800 pound in debt and some good time  5 time u can not buy that chelsea  :p
andypool2285

Postby sam shark » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:56 am

My favourite memory isn't really about the football. Back in 1981 (or 82) I took my wife (then girlfriend) to Anfield for her first ever football match. It was Liverpool v Everton and I took her to my normal spec in the Kop.

Of course, it was a shoulder to shoulder sell-out. Early on in the game there was the usual crowd surge and I 'lost' my wife. She emerged from the melee after a few seconds holding a pocket in the air. There was an Everton fan nearby looking around and swearing about someone ripping his jacket.

My wife threw the pocket down into the crowd before the Evertonian saw her waving it above her head. I still roll around laughing when I think about his furious face and the surprised look on my wife's face. My kids also enjoy the re-telling of the story - it is now part of our family history.
sam shark

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion