First visit to anfield and your abiding memories. - Share some of your memories

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby thegreedo » Fri May 12, 2006 12:56 am

kopite301046 wrote:It was a second division game V Scunthorpe United 1956 the game was played on a Wednesday evening I still have the programme somewhere.The ground was not a bit like it is today but somehow even then it had a unique atmosphere and I was hooked.Some of the players that where playing that evening Tommy Younger was in goal,a young Jimmmy Melia was number 10,Dick White centre half,and the twilight years of Bill Liddell at number 7 and our only English International at the time Alan A'court.We have come a long way since then and may it continue.

You old b@stard!!

Good to have you on board fella!! :nod

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite301046 » Fri May 12, 2006 8:03 pm

Thanks for the comments I may be getting on to you young'ens, but what I've seen at Anfield in those fifty years I wouldn't swap with anyone.
kopite301046

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri May 12, 2006 8:05 pm

Still havent had my first time at anfield but if and when i do i hope its a cracker

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Fri May 12, 2006 11:25 pm

kopite301046 wrote:It was a second division game V Scunthorpe United 1956 the game was played on a Wednesday evening I still have the programme somewhere.The ground was not a bit like it is today but somehow even then it had a unique atmosphere and I was hooked.Some of the players that where playing that evening Tommy Younger was in goal,a young Jimmmy Melia was number 10,Dick White centre half,and the twilight years of Bill Liddell at number 7 and our only English International at the time Alan A'court.We have come a long way since then and may it continue.

cool stuff kopite-lots-of-numbers :bowdown  :bowdown  i bet you've a few stories you could tell from over the years  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Livor » Tue May 16, 2006 10:08 pm

Ive been to anfield but only as a tour last year & the feel of excitement with no crowd was electrying i cant wait til im free and watch a surperb match
Livor

Postby der_kaiser » Wed May 17, 2006 1:06 pm

My first visit to anfield was in a few year back when we played Porto in the Uefa Cup. Owen scored both goals which took us on to play Barca, i remember being in the Kop and singing like a nut-case. I live in Northern Ireland so getting to the matches isn't just a car trip away.

I managed to get to 3 games this year. I attended the Spurs match at the Lane, was good to be paret of the away crowd for a change. I was only one seat away from the Spurs fans and the atmosphere was great, had a good laugh with them.

Later in the season i attended the West Ham and Charlton games both at Anfield. Both of which were very good, altough after traveling all day and night would have liked to see Robbie's goal allowed into the Kop during the second half during the Charlton game.

Really enjoy coming over to Liverpool now have plans to go 4 or 5 times next season, what else would you spend a student loan on, lol.
der_kaiser

Postby JBG » Thu May 25, 2006 9:02 pm

der_kaiser wrote:My first visit to anfield was in a few year back when we played Porto in the Uefa Cup. Owen scored both goals which took us on to play Barca, i remember being in the Kop and singing like a nut-case. I live in Northern Ireland so getting to the matches isn't just a car trip away.

I managed to get to 3 games this year. I attended the Spurs match at the Lane, was good to be paret of the away crowd for a change. I was only one seat away from the Spurs fans and the atmosphere was great, had a good laugh with them.

Later in the season i attended the West Ham and Charlton games both at Anfield. Both of which were very good, altough after traveling all day and night would have liked to see Robbie's goal allowed into the Kop during the second half during the Charlton game.

Really enjoy coming over to Liverpool now have plans to go 4 or 5 times next season, what else would you spend a student loan on, lol.

Still got your eye on landing barges of Prussians on the Norfolk coast, Wille?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby ynwa » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:15 pm

1st time i ever been to anfield was a tour when i was 8 and i saw rob jones
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby munky » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:00 am

my first game at anfield we ending up losin 2-1 to coventry city. Fowler opened the scoring then james let two goals in in the last five mins!! that was the start of his bad period. if we won that game we would of over taken man u and got top spot in early april!(of course we never did!!)
*lets bring the samba to Anfield, Fabulous Aurelio*
munky

Postby fanatic dee » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:26 pm

First trip to Anfield was an incredible experience.
Walking up the steps into the Kop with my uncle and my Da, it was on an Easter break with my family back in '88.
The atmosphere was electric, swaying about in the Kop, shouting and singing along with the crowd around me. I was only nine years of age and I could n't believe it was real.
We were 3-1 up at half time against the 'scumbags', but true to form the 'jammy gets' scored two deflected goals from Bryan Robson.

Unbelievable day, one I'll never forget.       :D      :D      :D
"People say to me you treat football as if it's a matter of life or death, I say to them it's more important than that".

*****THE MIGHTY REDS*****
fanatic dee

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:30 pm

i think yes what about you

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreenred » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:30 pm

1973 my two elder brothers took me to paradise i was safely put in the old boys pen we played wolves, my love affair with the chosen ones had begun.i finaly ventured into the kop two years later
thegreenred

Postby coddy » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:34 pm

FA Cup Final vs ManUre in "that" Green + White Kit. (OK not anfield but my first LFC game)

Super Lucky to get tickets to that game and got a good seat right behind the goal too.

Don't think ive ever seen so many unhappy people in one place.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:03 pm

My first time in Paradise was a Tuesday night in September '87 against Charlton... We ended up winning 3-2 but were behind twice (Garth Crooks got one of theirs) the scorers were Aldo, Macca and Jocky (yep, I got to see a very rare ocurrence!)
As for memories, they come in all forms but the most recent was in May... I was in Las Vegas with the lads and got up at 6am to go to an English pub (The Crown & Anchor) to watch the Cup Final with a 7am kick-off. It was packed with Scousers and Cockneys with tons of banter going on. Kevin Nolan and Nicky Hunt of Bolton were there and Nolan was going mental and leading the singing (YNWA, Ring of Fire etc) A fantastic atmosphere topped off by Stevie G doing the business (again!) A big shout out to those of you who were there.
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:11 pm

Cant remember who we played for my first game, all i can remember is standing against the fence in the boys pen and being awe-struck with what i seen before me, cant remember anything but that, eventually i got into the kop and the rest has been a glorious journey full of more highs than lows
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion