Drop alonso - If we're picking a team on form

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:52 am

Bamaga man wrote:
I read the title and then thought I should skip past the :censored: and tell you, this is pointless.

Typical....

If you actually read the opening post, you'd have realised it wasnt pointless. Although I dont agree with droppping Alonso for the FIRST game, Ivor still has a valid point to discuss.

The only thing that is pointless, is your posting in this thread. Especially if you cant be @rsed reading it  :no

:talktothehand

You don't drop your best players especially if they are short of spark, it's Sheff Utd, we can afford to give Alonso 60 odd minutes to help him get back into shape.
48-1119859832

Postby tubby » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:58 am

I cant beleive this is even a topic. Hes hardly played any competative games yet. Jesus at least give him 3 or 4 games into the season before trying to slate his performances.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:07 am

0asis wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
I read the title and then thought I should skip past the :censored: and tell you, this is pointless.

Typical....

If you actually read the opening post, you'd have realised it wasnt pointless. Although I dont agree with droppping Alonso for the FIRST game, Ivor still has a valid point to discuss.

The only thing that is pointless, is your posting in this thread. Especially if you cant be @rsed reading it  :no

You don't drop your best players especially if they are short of spark, it's Sheff Utd, we can afford to give Alonso 60 odd minutes to help him get back into shape.

:talktothehand  Whats all this ?

Obviously you cant take the time in your busy schedule to read the posts.

I dont agree on dropping Alonso, read it will ya !

Just the problem you have with not being able to read the opening thread.

66-1112520797

Postby dward » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:08 am

I partly agree with the statement that we shouldn't really play players out of form, but then again - playing them will get them back to full fitness.

I would rather play Xabi - just to get him sharp again.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:19 am

mmm.... alonso is quality....defenitely one to start when fit... but we can do without him in sheffield's game.... simple as that ... if we were playing chelsea and it was the Champions league final, i would start him regardless! in that game...he would be needed !
He hasnt looked as good as he usually does in preseason, and many think we should drop him from the sheff. united game....
WHAT I THINK ....
i think that many ppl around this forum are starting to think that Liverpool can do without Alonso starting in midfield... with sissoko performing as good as he is and gerrard playing alongside him in central midfield, alonso simply seems more than we need... now that we'v got pennant and gonzales playing in the wings !
mmmm,,,,,i say heck no ! Alonso is quality... let me put it this way... i know iut doesnt make much sense and my grounds of comparison are invalid..but... if i was to choose between Alonso and gonzales....i'd pick Alonso....Pennant and Alonso....i'd pick Alonso.... simple as that... Gerrard, Alonso and Sissoko are our better midfielders....we jst need to figure out a formation to play all 3 together.... Gerrard on the right flank with pennant in the bench is the most likely to happen....
Then again, against Sheff Utd and any other opposition that we could and should beat.... i wouldnt mind seeing Alonso in the bench for an inform/fitter pennant !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:42 am

Bamaga man wrote:
0asis wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

Typical....

:talktothehand  Whats all this ?

Obviously you cant take the time in your busy schedule to read the posts.

I dont agree on dropping Alonso, read it will ya !

Just the problem you have with not being able to read the opening thread.

I read the first four sentences and did not agree with what was said, should I just become an a.rselicker and agree with what everyone says? I think it's an act of craziness to leave out Alonso, he's had two games where he has been off the mark, so what? If you give him 60 mins against Sheff utd and say 70 minutes against Hafia, I'm sure he'll recapture his form. Leaving him on the bench will prolong his "bad form" and I put that in speech marks because it's been two matches and yet everyone is acting like the world's about end.

:no
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:48 am

I read the first four sentences and did not agree with what was said, should I just become a a.rselicker and agree with what everyone says

Firstly you stated you read the title of the thread, not the first four sentences, dont move the goal posts now.

Secondly are you implying that I lick ar.se ? If so I'll leave it at this.

Read Rafa Dodds sig, I'm positive thats aimed or applies to you, you attention seeking whore.
66-1112520797

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:49 am

Oasis while i agree with what your saying about not dropping Alonso, you dont help yourself by putting.....i started reading and then skipped past..

Ivor in his post stated that it would be for just one game to give the lad a chance to regain fitness.
I disagree and would play him straight away as he is the person who dictates the pace of games and will keep posession and start vital attacks, but i did read his post and to an extent see where he is coming from.
Alonso at times will be rested, as will Gerrard Carragher and Bellamy, that will enable them to stay fresh and in peak condition throughout a long and demanding season.
I am also of the opinion that you start your strongest 11 whenever possible, but tired or unfit players are not the best (at that point and time)

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:51 am

Bamaga man wrote:
I read the first four sentences and did not agree with what was said, should I just become a a.rselicker and agree with what everyone says

Firstly you stated you read the title of the thread, not the first four sentences, dont move the goal posts now.

Secondly are you implying that I lick ar.se ? If so I'll leave it at this.

Read Rafa Dodds sig, I'm positive thats aimed or applies to you, you attention seeking whore.

Firstly I wasn't calling you an a.rselicker, but if you've taken offence that's your problem, secondly if you want to take things to a personal at least be smart and do it through a PM instead of getting personal in a thread that will make you look like a fool.

Now if you don't mind, I'd rather talk about football than listen to some immature individual like yourself.
48-1119859832

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:58 am

Ace Ventura wrote:Oasis while i agree with what your saying about not dropping Alonso, you dont help yourself by putting.....i started reading and then skipped past..

Ivor in his post stated that it would be for just one game to give the lad a chance to regain fitness.
I disagree and would play him straight away as he is the person who dictates the pace of games and will keep posession and start vital attacks, but i did read his post and to an extent see where he is coming from.
Alonso at times will be rested, as will Gerrard Carragher and Bellamy, that will enable them to stay fresh and in peak condition throughout a long and demanding season.
I am also of the opinion that you start your strongest 11 whenever possible, but tired or unfit players are not the best (at that point and time)

Yes, it was needed and I shall apologise for it someday, however when you have a player as important as Alonso you really need him to get as sharp ASAP, you can't afford to say at the start of the season, we'll leave him on the bench for a while (say three games) with him making sub appearances in order to get back to his usual self. You really need to be playing him from the beginning so he gets back to full fitness ASAP. I'm not saying play him for the full 90, I'm saying play him for 60 minutes and then 70 in the next few games and see how he fairs, if he's still not sharp then consider resting him and doing more work with him in training but it's unwise to be resting your best players. Which is what I was saying but apprantely I live in dreamland.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:03 am

0asis wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:Oasis while i agree with what your saying about not dropping Alonso, you dont help yourself by putting.....i started reading and then skipped past..

Yes, it was needed and I shall apologise for it someday, however when you have a player as important as Alonso you really need him to get as sharp ASAP, you can't afford to say at the start of the season, we'll leave him on the bench for a while (say three games) with him making sub appearances in order to get back to his usual self. You really need to be playing him from the beginning so he gets back to full fitness ASAP. I'm not saying play him for the full 90, I'm saying play him for 60 minutes and then 70 in the next few games and see how he fairs, if he's still not sharp then consider resting him and doing more work with him in training but it's unwise to be resting your best players. Which is what I was saying but apprantely I live in dreamland.

Its the way you put things, if you had replied like you just did to me then that would not of caused any arguing.
He should start the game imo, but there will be times in the season when he will need a rest, its Rafa's job to find the right time but at the start of the season i would definately play him.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:09 am

mmmmm....ur all fired up... the whole bunch of you.... CHIILLLLL !
He'll start when he's ready or is needed ! trust me... rafa wont keep him in the bench if he should be out there playing ! one of our best players and will defin. be one of Rafa's first picks every week !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:12 am

Ace Ventura wrote:Its the way you put things, if you had replied like you just did to me then that would not of caused any arguing.
He should start the game imo, but there will be times in the season when he will need a rest, its Rafa's job to find the right time but at the start of the season i would definately play him.

Yes I know that I come across as rude and offensive at times, but I will try harder in future to curb that. I agree that he will need to be rested as will most players who are usually in the squad, I've never once said I don't agree with that, however like you I don't agree with dropping him at the start of the season, it will only cause problems for us. He needs to get back to his best ASAP, if Rafa prolongs this we will no doubt suffer. Then fans will log on here and starting slating Rafa for resting him at the start of the season and will start questioning Alonso's ability.
48-1119859832

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion