New reebok kits

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:57 am

Can anyone else think of a team (other than us) that has won the European Cup with reebok as their sponser?
I seriously can't. All other teams have adidas or nike (madrid, munich, ajax, manure)

Also adidas taking over reebok doesn't necerrily mean that we will have adidas kits. Maybe adidas will own both but will keep them as 2 companys.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *R*E*D*S* » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:26 pm

my favourite kit ever was the 1992 special gold shirt by adidas. with the black liverbirds all over it. i thought that was classic!
YoU'll NeVeR WaLk aLoNe...
*R*E*D*S*

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:37 pm

*R*E*D*S* wrote:my favourite kit ever was the 1992 special gold shirt by adidas. with the black liverbirds all over it. i thought that was classic!

hAHA! That was the one i had. i wanted the green and white one but me dad bought me that gold one instead! It was well sound!haha
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *R*E*D*S* » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:42 pm

i was 7 at the time...i bought the shirt, shorts and socks! i had the green on too....green sleeves, white middle and 3 black flicks at the sides??
*R*E*D*S*

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:02 pm

*R*E*D*S* wrote:i was 7 at the time...i bought the shirt, shorts and socks! i had the green on too....green sleeves, white middle and 3 black flicks at the sides??

yea dats the green one i was on about! gold well better tho! I had 'wright' on the back of mine funnily enough!u?
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *R*E*D*S* » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:12 pm

i had rush on the gold and redknapp on the green i think....
*R*E*D*S*

Postby *R*E*D*S* » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:13 pm

no i didnt i had fowler on the green...i had redknapp on the dark green and white quarters on the next season!
*R*E*D*S*

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:56 pm

We will not have Adidas kits even though Adidas took over Reebok, all that means is that Adidas is getting whatever profit Reebok makes
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby *R*E*D*S* » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:14 pm

i know....just reminissin
*R*E*D*S*

Postby KennyisGod....still » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:28 am

Little off the subject I know, but how gutted was my wee boy when told he couldn't have Gerrard on his shirt cuz they don't do little letters for little shirts? ??? Thats the away kit by the way, by far the best away kit for many a year. And why care if it's Reebok/Adidas/Nike or Marks and bloody Spencer's makin the kit? It's whats inside it that counts, and I doubt Rafa uses the kit manufacturers to persuade transfer targets to sign for us :p
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:30 pm

I'm happy with the Reebok kits, the current home kit, and the previous one are the best home kits since the eighties.
I definitely don't want Nike. Last year, I visited the Nou Camp for a tour. They have a massive club shop outside - but instead of selling just Barca merchandise, it was selling all kinds of Nike merchandise - including Manc stuff. I was disgusted!!! Nike is a symbol of corporate scum - like McDonalds etc. Also, does anyone remember the Nike kits in the last world cup? they were all exactly the same, and when the following season kicked off, all clubs wearing Nike had the same shirts too.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:33 pm

I've also heard a rumour that now Reebok is owned by  Adidas, they are going to release the official eighties retro shirts, complete with logos etc.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *R*E*D*S* » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:35 pm

nike are just lazy...they designed one shirt for that world cup and just made it with different colours and different badges.....

talk about lack of imagination!
*R*E*D*S*

Postby is-stan-bul » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:51 pm

The reebok kits are starting to go the same way as nike this year but not quite as bad. They all seem to be following the same design just different team colours. I was quite surprised to see that we are they only team that has got an original design. I've heard that one of the new Man city away kits looks alot like the picture of the new Euro shirt but is in yellow so it seems that if the picture of the new euro kit in one of the other forums is accurate then Reebok aren't doing a special design for the Euro champs and that is quite an insult.
is-stan-bul

Postby mighty mo » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:53 pm

the best adidas top was the white one they wore in the 1987 league cup final,
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion