, a forwardtoo much weight on stevie's sholders. - Who'll step up to the plate?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby luvliverpool » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:13 pm

spion wrote:A new season just around the pretend corner & the Red men have spent a little money on questions that needed answering. E.g a new defender, a forward, a left sided player as good as Riise & a truly explosive attacking option in Gonzales, who if he can reproduce the form of last season in the priemership will be one of the players of the next nine months.
But will these players, or any other for that matter be able to take some pressure off the shoulders of Steven Gerrard? Captain fantastic cannot be the saviour of the team next season again. We need the players to start looking at them selves before looking at the captain every time the going gets tough if we are to progress to the next level.
Bellamy might be arrogant enough to start demanding the ball more & more if he gets off to a good start. This will let Gerrard become more creative in the midfield area which in turn might free Alonso to break forward more often & unleash those netbusters he can produce from time to time.
Sissoko needs to become more vocal in the holding roll & start letting the players around him know that he is there. Too many times last season Alonso landed on the floor after getting clobbered by Momo with his enthuseastic tackles.
All this in hand I'm still wondering if we might again over rely on Gerrard next season.

Should his name not be changed to SPOON!!!!!
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:17 pm

Oohh, oohh, I wanna stick the boot in too...

"Who'll step up to the plate?" ????

Is there anything sadder than a baseball metaphor used to discuss a football topic?  Since Stu's been red-carded I'll say it: get a clue, lad! :D :p :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:21 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Oohh, oohh, I wanna stick the boot in too...

Is there anything sadder than a baseball metaphor used to discuss a football topic?  Since Stu's been red-carded I'll say it: get a clue, lad! :D :p :D

What was it Stu got red carded for this time? :laugh:

I missed it...
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:25 pm

john craig wrote:

I missed it...

Being himself.
48-1119859832

Postby LFCFan4Life » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:37 pm

john craig wrote:

I missed it...

He wished that a fellow member [7Kewell] get's cancer, or something very disturbing along those lines.

It warranted a beating to a bloody bulp let alone a red card, that was way over the line.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:43 pm

spion wrote:A new season just around the pretend corner & the Red men have spent a little money on questions that needed answering. E.g a new defender, a forward, a left sided player as good as Riise & a truly explosive attacking option in Gonzales, who if he can reproduce the form of last season in the priemership will be one of the players of the next nine months.
But will these players, or any other for that matter be able to take some pressure off the shoulders of Steven Gerrard? Captain fantastic cannot be the saviour of the team next season again. We need the players to start looking at them selves before looking at the captain every time the going gets tough if we are to progress to the next level.
Bellamy might be arrogant enough to start demanding the ball more & more if he gets off to a good start. This will let Gerrard become more creative in the midfield area which in turn might free Alonso to break forward more often & unleash those netbusters he can produce from time to time.
Sissoko needs to become more vocal in the holding roll & start letting the players around him know that he is there. Too many times last season Alonso landed on the floor after getting clobbered by Momo with his enthuseastic tackles.
All this in hand I'm still wondering if we might again over rely on Gerrard next season.

??? WTF?
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mark 23 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:14 pm

spion wrote:Too many times last season Alonso landed on the floor after getting clobbered by Momo with his enthuseastic tackles.

I think soft :censored: has been watching them at Melwood  :D
Mark 23

Postby metalhead » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:34 pm

are you for f*ckin real?!

Alonso is a creative midfielder, so he can give us alot of creativity in our side! He is a better passer than Gerrard so he will deliver necessary balls to the strikers! We don't need to rely on Gerrard because we proved that last season! Does the Everton game ring a bell? or the CSKA Moscow game?

Second, we have 4 defenders who are solid and excellent. Rafa already constructed a really hard rock defence! so don't worry about it.

your just winding us up  :no
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:43 pm

Why bother writing that pile of :censored: mate.

gerrard last season scored more than ever because the pressure has already been taken off his shoulders with momo and xabi running the centre while SG broke forward or got wide to put quality in the box.

wind up.... must be because no liverpool fan has ever  seen momo run around tackling xabi !
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:46 pm

Spion your on a wind up.

Smoke a cigar , have drink and chill.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion