, a forwardtoo much weight on stevie's sholders. - Who'll step up to the plate?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spion » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:37 pm

A new season just around the pretend corner & the Red men have spent a little money on questions that needed answering. E.g a new defender, a forward, a left sided player as good as Riise & a truly explosive attacking option in Gonzales, who if he can reproduce the form of last season in the priemership will be one of the players of the next nine months.
But will these players, or any other for that matter be able to take some pressure off the shoulders of Steven Gerrard? Captain fantastic cannot be the saviour of the team next season again. We need the players to start looking at them selves before looking at the captain every time the going gets tough if we are to progress to the next level.
Bellamy might be arrogant enough to start demanding the ball more & more if he gets off to a good start. This will let Gerrard become more creative in the midfield area which in turn might free Alonso to break forward more often & unleash those netbusters he can produce from time to time.
Sissoko needs to become more vocal in the holding roll & start letting the players around him know that he is there. Too many times last season Alonso landed on the floor after getting clobbered by Momo with his enthuseastic tackles.
All this in hand I'm still wondering if we might again over rely on Gerrard next season.
spion

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:40 pm

:sleep  :sleep  :sleep
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:43 pm

spion wrote:Too many times last season Alonso landed on the floor after getting clobbered by Momo with his enthuseastic tackles.

I can't remember that even happening once.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gaunt » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:47 pm

spion wrote:Too many times last season Alonso landed on the floor after getting clobbered by Momo with his enthuseastic tackles.

Did you honestly just say Momo ran around tackling Alonso? And that we are still a one man team? Are you a wind up merchant?
Gaunt

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:50 pm

spion  :laugh:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:53 pm

Will Harry beat Lord Voldemort?

You decide!!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:54 pm

El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:07 pm

spion wrote:Sissoko needs to become more vocal in the holding roll & start letting the players around him know that he is there. Too many times last season Alonso landed on the floor after getting clobbered by Momo with his enthuseastic tackles.

I don't even know what to say to this
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:13 pm

spion wrote:All this in hand I'm still wondering if we might again over rely on Gerrard next season.

Jeezuz H Christ ! nothing like starting the new season on a positive note .

Gerrard is undoubtably the jewel in our crown and has certainly as your post suggests carried the team through some rough times . I like to think however that "Rafa's LFC" are now growing into their shirts .

We are not a one man team and this season will see Stevie G blossom as never before  .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:23 pm

This has to be a wind up, if not Spion you are clearly absolutely mixed up.
When has Sissoko EVER tackled Alonso ? And even if he had what relevance would that have to us being a one man team  ???

You should be banned from posting new topics, because you never post replies in other threads, just weird pointless ones yourself.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:26 pm

I know Momo's vision has taken a slight turn for the worse but I didn't see that happen once.
48-1119859832

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:36 pm

spion wrote:This will let Gerrard become more creative in the midfield area which in turn might free Alonso to break forward more often & unleash those netbusters he can produce from time to time.

Just read your post again , ARE YOU DRUNK ? . surely if anyone "breaks forward from midfield to unleash a netbuster " it would/should be Gerrard whilst Xabi continues to use his artistry to orchestrate from a deeper position ?

FU'CK IT , DON'T BOTHER TO REPLY , FOR A MINUTE THERE I WAS TAKING YOU SERIOUSLY

:p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Hotrod » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:00 pm

In all that rubbish I ve tried to pick out a few point that might be worth talking about, I also do think there might be a bit too much strain on Gerrard, however he proberly brings it on himself and even seems to like the extra pressure, Bellamy may have a temper but people always go on about how Rooney's temper makes him the great player he is so the same may be able to be said for Bellamy.
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:02 pm

Too many times last season Alonso landed on the floor after getting clobbered by Momo with his enthuseastic tackles.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Fuck off
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:08 pm

Spion!!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Such a fucking clown.
jonnymac1979

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion