I can finally explain the middle east war - Now it will make sense! guarunteed!

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:26 pm

peewee wrote:actually i have been trying to keep out of this argument but i decided to have my small say.

as you know i lived in a muslim country for 3 years and i am friendly with many muslims, even a small association with azriahmad, he lives in kuala lumpur and is muslim and is a great guy.

anyway i was renting an apartment from a malay diplomat, he is the malaysian ambassador to spain, at the time of the london bombing i met with him and he cried and said sorry on behalf of his religion, he was ashamed that these things were being done in the name of islam. i pointed out that he shouldnt be ashamed as most people are educated enough to realise whats happening. anyway we got to having a good chat about UK muslims and how  some town halls cant even fly the english or british flag as some muslims are offended, he was astounded that we allow that in the UK. he believes that if they are british and want to live in britain they should respect britain and her cultures and traditions, just like i respect thai culture now i live there, even waking at 5 am one day a week to give food to the monks who pass the house, standing to attention twice a day when the national anthem is played, wai when i meet people and speak to them in thai as best as i can.

its not hard for me to do these things and i want to do them as i want to intrigate into the society as best i can. i believe to intigrate you have to embrace the culture, not complain about it at every chance you get like it seems a number of UK muslims do, and then have the audacity to complain about feeling segregated.

anyway i think my point is do not judge all muslims by the muslims you read about in the UK press. for  every one extremist there are probably 10 muslims who disagre with them and embrace britishness. its a shame that people now look on them with suspicion but i do feel thats parlty their own doing for not intigrating properly

well said mate
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:28 pm

Well it wouldnt take long to shoot down USA, they have one of the worst records in the history of the world for looking after its own people.
And whos wanna live in germany (more racist beatings than anywhere in europe) sweden (one of the most expensive countries to live in the world)

And i cant work out how you can be proud to be british but hate to live in britain. Its one or the other. You are too much of a glass half empty, other half spilled down your shirt, kinda guy. Yeah England has shedloads wrong with it, but read any paper from any country and you will hear the same. We need to sort out the immigration problem i grant you, but id rather live here than anywhere
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bman » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:40 pm

dawson99 wrote:And i cant work out how you can be proud to be british but hate to live in britain. Its one or the other.

You said or someone did it must be hard to be a Muslim and live in a western world. But being English and living in a western world (England actually) , nowadays you have to be careful of what you say to people in terms of religion. Your supposed to tred on egg shells around ethnic minorities just incase you upset them. You have to watch as your government bows down to incorporate immigrants in our society. And worried for friends and families and yourself in fear of terroism .

I suppose if you look at the PC thread that will help you understand also why it is just as difficult for an English person aswell as a Muslim or whatever to live in a western society.
Bman

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:43 pm

peewee wrote:do not judge all muslims by the muslims you read about in the UK press. for  every one extremist there are probably 10 muslims who disagre with them and embrace britishness. its a shame that people now look on them with suspicion but i do feel thats parlty their own doing for not intigrating properly

In my younger days I hitchiked through Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran and Turkey . 99% of the people (muslims) I met were absolutely fantastic towards me , I have seldom met a more courteous and hospitable group of people . Like any people of any nationality,race or religion you have some bad seeds , it's unfortunate that as far as muslims are concerned the 1% of bad seeds apparently have a louder voice the the 99% of decent law abiding ones who just want to live in peace.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:44 pm

Its only difficult if you let it be. Maybe I'm just lucky as the area I'm in and the friends I have we more or less say how we feel about what and about who. People should know the difference between offending a religion and a single person.

Its difficult for anyone living anywhere in the world, it just depends how you choose to live your life mate is all im saying
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:09 pm

Thank god I'm an atheist :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:18 pm

Big Niall wrote:Thank god I'm an atheist :D

Isn't that a  non-prophet organisation?

(and people said my comic timing was bad!!!)
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum