Snooker - Who will win...

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:00 am

Watching Ebdon is like watching paint dry. He only wins because his opponents fall asleep between his shots.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:15 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Watching Ebdon is like watching paint dry. He only wins because his opponents fall asleep between his shots.

I actually think there may be some truth to that you know.

I was talking to my dad about the pace of some games yesterday, he said compared to years ago, it's lightning quick! The aim of the game in those days was to wear your oponent down mentally by constantly playing load's of snookers and really taking your time.

As for Ronnie, I'm not surprised he's ignorant ( although theres no excuse for it ), I'm sure he get's worn down and p*ssed off with fan's and general public interupting his day. Some people just cope with it better, when I met the Liverpool team ( at my first ever match ), Robbie Fowler was absolutely brilliant with us, Steve McManaman on the other hand, was an absolute c*nt. In my opinion, it's to be expected, they are normal people at the end of the day and just want to live hassle free like us all.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:31 pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan bites the dust. I wonder will he threaten to quit AGAIN  :laugh:

Terrible attitude. Its a pity cos its obvious hes a great player -hes just NOT as great as people think.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:36 pm

Ronnie was staring at the camera for so long the other day that the ref nearly had to tell him it was his shot and everyone was waiting for him.  He didn't half look like one of the Gallagher brothers being cocky.  Then he did an interview saying how insecure he was and how he lacks confidence!  He's an eejut and I'm glad he's out.  It's not going to be a scintillating final though.
:(
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby H_K_LFC » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:38 am

Ebdon v Dott in the final and it's about time Dott wins something ,He's been playing consistently well for a quite a well now.

Looks like another Scot is about to become one of the best in the world :p
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:20 am

Mikz wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan bites the dust. I wonder will he threaten to quit AGAIN  :laugh:

Terrible attitude. Its a pity cos its obvious hes a great player -hes just NOT as great as people think.

Thats bollox mate, so what he got knocked out.

He's not that great ?

He makes a 147 playing with his left hand, your right thats not great its magic  :no

Like St. Mike siad if he puts his mind to it he will beat anyone  (left hand and all) . But thats where Ronnies fault lies I'm afraid, his mindset.

Still great though !
Still the Best natural talnet to pick up a cue (with both hands)
66-1112520797

Postby Garymac » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:30 am

Mikz wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan bites the dust. I wonder will he threaten to quit AGAIN  :laugh:

Your fuc*ing kidding arnt you, Semi finals of the World Championships laying with his weaker hand and hes not that great.

The guys a fu*ing legend and plays the game like no one has ever done before him, he also hit a maximum in around 5 minutes.

I wont be able to take any posts you make seriously now because that last one was pathetic.

And this final will be the most boring in history.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:20 am

Osullivan is over rated-thats my opinion -and im not fcu.king kidding either -you hearing me?
I said he was a great player-he is , but his attitude leaves a lot to be desired-always excuses -he did it last year and now this year with the tip.  Sits there and looks not interested-yeah true champions do that all the time.
And Greatest natural talent ? I would dispute that as well...
The greatest player ever was STEPHEN HENDRY. The facts speak for themselves. Absolutely Flawless
:bowdown  Even now-well past his best he is No1 in the world.

147 breaks in 5 minutes -whether its with yer left hand right hand ,foot -doesnt win you world championships -if you think snookers all about excitement yer a fc.uking dreamer.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:04 am

Mikz wrote:And Greatest natural talent ? I would dispute that as well...
The greatest player ever was STEPHEN HENDRY. The facts speak for themselves. Absolutely Flawless
:bowdown  Even now-well past his best he is No1 in the world.

147 breaks in 5 minutes -whether its with yer left hand right hand ,foot -doesnt win you world championships -if you think snookers all about excitement yer a fc.uking dreamer.

Stephen Hendryis the greatest player in the history of the game ( 8-9 WC i think) that cant be disputed.

As for natural talent thats Ronnie hands down, even Hendry has said that.
Ronnie is a class player of the game and he has the potential to match Hendry's fantastic record.
66-1112520797

Postby Mikz » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:08 pm

Certainly either Jimmy White or Osullivan for natural talent, both great to watch and quick players. Jimmy was just unlucky he was around when 2 great champions were at their peak-Davis and Hendry. Otherwise he would have a few world titles to show also.
    Hendry was 7 times World Champion.
    He has over 400 career centuries, and 8 tournament 147 breaks. Whos to say he cant make it 8 world titles...hes no1 in the world after all.
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue May 02, 2006 1:23 am

well done to graham dott. gritty final with both players giving value for money.

:sleep    :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue May 02, 2006 4:08 pm

What a clearance by Dott to kae it 17 - 14,i knew he was going to win :D
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue May 02, 2006 7:10 pm

Glad to see him win ,he deserved it. When Ebdon was pulling back I thought his bangers went, but that 68 break was awesome under the circumstances. :nod

Another world title for Bonnie Scotland, OWNED!
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum