Is our defence taking something out of our attack?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby columbia » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:33 am

I think the only thing gerrard is concerned about is that the team are winning and thats all it should be to. If he plays wide and we win, he's happy. His best position imo is in the middle, but i do beleive for now that the team benefits from him being out wide because he gives us more width. Garcia doesnt have the discipline to play that position and i hate it when cisse is playing let alone out wide. If we buy a class winger in the summer then we will have an awesome midfield, but unill then we are a better team with gerrard out wide and hopefully gerrard recognises this.
columbia

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:35 am

Ciggy what the feck you on about, We all know why gerrard is out wide its because he is the best we have in that position until the end of the season, its not about stevie its about the balance of the team and getting the team playing right and if stevie has to play out of position so be it, sissoko played well tonight and already you can see his game changing he is staying on his feet and not jumping into tackles, he covers every blade of grass on the pitch. I think he will be quality given time. But our problem is upfront mate we all know that, we need two new quality strikers who can link together who can bang in the chances we are creating, but anyway that will have to wait until the end of season, then if and if we get a goal machine in next season we will be champions thats what we are missing!!!!!!!!!!!!
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:30 am

Kind of agree with you Ciggy but I think your imaginations getting the better of you if you think SG's mind will be wandering towards Chelsea.

FWIW I support the idea of giving maybe young Paul Anderson a run out on the right. Couldn't hurt for 45 minutes at least.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:45 am

The front men simply arnt good enough, Morientes in the reserves, no chance, they have got a good little set up there and they dont want the young lads brought to his level, hes been a shocking signing and Rafa has to get rid in the summer, hes had long enough, hes not getting better and every shot he hits is straight at the keeper.

For me Fowler signs a contract in the summer and becomes mori's replacement (I think this is the idea anyway), Cisse is then sold as well and the money from him, the champions league and Whatever income we get from Tv Revenue and other things can be brought on bringing that class act in upfront, Who he is, i dont know but Rafa Should, none of this "Rafa wouldnt spend 15 million on one player" Its boll0cks, complete and utter b0llocks, he spent 10 on a center mid so why not now get that class act upfront that could really make the difference.

For me we are 2 palyers away from being a really top side, Pennant in my opinion is 1 of them, the other is this Mystery striker we need to bring in.

Kuyt and Defoe are 2 who have been mentioned but id like to see a real Fu*king power house upfront, someone who attacks the ball and bloody means it with pace and strength.

Basically, Liverpool needs its very own Alan Shearer.

To true though that we need to see Gerrard back in the middle, but not till Benfica because i fancy Garcia to play against them and he will defo keep Sissoko in the middle on Saturday, although a lot could depend on Alonsos, knock from tonight
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion