Is our defence taking something out of our attack?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:37 pm

I think so...........
Morientes, Crouch, Cisse and Fowler/(Pongolle before he went on loan).
We are playing as a unit our defence at Anfield is second to Chelsea, we are playing as a team.
We have forwards that lack pace apart from Cisse, 4/5 strikers cant turn bad over night can they?
We where on a good run but it wasnt thanx to the strikers it was the midfielders bagging the goals.

I am delighted that we have a solid defence at anfield and we did have a balance.
But our forwards are caught short and not getting any service and when they do get it they are suprised (Morientes twice tonight).

It must be a problem preparing for games as none of the forwards are scoring goals cause they are playing as a team if you get my drift, maybe different tactic needed.

Because if Fowler doesnt score after another 4 games the same things are going to be said.

Crouch, Morientes, Cisse, and Fowler can all score goals is the problem that Gerrard has gone out wide?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:48 pm

I dont think that is fair on Gerard or the rest of the team. The chances are being made for them but they are not takin them.

I hate saying this but if RVN was up front today instead of Moro then he would have had a hat-trick, at  least! :angry:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:52 pm

Its the strikers Lynds nothing more.Every game bar (the charlton one the other week) we are creating between 8 and 18 chances a game..........but either not scoring or scraping one........

our strikers are not good enough simple as.....
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:53 pm

Ciggy wrote:is the problem that Gerrard has gone out wide?

i take you was listening to andy gray tonight then  ???

tonight was one of our best peformances in quite a while. Especially considering the whole team is tiring, and clearly need some rest. Just like the wins have started coming back so will the goals for the strikers.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:54 pm

Morientes needs to play in the reserves for a while Im afriad to build his confidence and get him scoring again.
But Rafa spoke about him today and said he will keep the faith in him like he did with Crouch, but when do you say enough is enough?
And still persist with him?
As the topic of the titale suggests surely they cant all be bad?
There is something in the training an tactics that are not matching up.
Even if we had 4 of them out tonight none of them would have scored.
Theres something missing.

Im going to make a bold statement here but Id even play Garcia upfront from now on he is our major goal threat.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:59 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:

tonight was one of our best peformances in quite a while. Especially considering the whole team is tiring, and clearly need some rest. Just like the wins have started coming back so will the goals for the strikers.

Gerrards wasn't and he is crying out to be back in the midfield.
He is NOT a winger and doesnt deserve to be out there.
It was a temprary move till we brought a RW in in January.
January is dead and gone, and guess what we have one of the best midfielders in the world stuck out on the right :laugh:  :glare:
I dont find it amusing one bit.
he belongs in cenral midfield he is our captain, he drives us on.
But its pissing him off good style.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:59 pm

We have now scored 32 goals in 26 EPL games, only for the defence we wouldnt be were we are, the forwards are not good enough.

Chelski have scored 52 goals and Manure have the same, 52. Thats a 20 goal difference with 12 games to go!!
Last edited by Dundalk on Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:59 pm

to be fair morientes had chances tonight and has done in a few games this season, particularly at anfield. he should have scored a couple tonight. To be fair though i didnt think he was too bad today, he was regularly involved in key incidents and got in some good positions, his finish was lacking though.
columbia

Postby Dundalk » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:01 am

Ciggy wrote:Im going to make a bold statement here but Id even play Garcia upfront from now on he is our major goal threat.

I said that a while ago, at least he seems to know were the goal is!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:06 am

Ciggy wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:

Gerrards wasn't and he is crying out to be back in the midfield.
He is NOT a winger and doesnt deserve to be out there.
It was a temprary move till we brought a RW in in January.
January is dead and gone, and guess what we have one of the best midfielders in the world stuck out on the right :laugh:  :glare:
I dont find it amusing one bit.
he belongs in cenral midfield he is our captain, he drives us on.
But its pissing him off good style.

so who would play on the right instead of Gerrard right now? Garica? Cisse? coz i tell you what there certainly not better than Gerrard in that position. No one doubts that Gerrard plays better in the middle, but the simple fact is we dont have anyone better currently at the club to play on the wing. In the centre we can cover for him quite well by playing Sissoko or Hamman.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:10 am

Ciggy wrote:Morientes needs to play in the reserves for a while Im afriad to build his confidence and get him scoring again.
But Rafa spoke about him today and said he will keep the faith in him like he did with Crouch, but when do you say enough is enough?
And still persist with him?
As the topic of the titale suggests surely they cant all be bad?
There is something in the training an tactics that are not matching up.
Even if we had 4 of them out tonight none of them would have scored.
Theres something missing.

Im going to make a bold statement here but Id even play Garcia upfront from now on he is our major goal threat.

you might be right about playing garcia up front for now  its worth a try...there was allways going to be a problem with the balance of the team when no quality right winger came in...luis gives us something different up front...we must try something because this lack of goals from the strikers can not continue   ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:13 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:so who would play on the right instead of Gerrard right now? Garica? Cisse? coz i tell you what there certainly not better than Gerrard in that position. No one doubts that Gerrard plays better in the middle, but the simple fact is we dont have anyone better currently at the club to play on the wing. In the centre we can cover for him quite well by playing Sissoko or Hamman.

Weve had a year and a half to buy one.
Gerrard didnt mind filling in this position till January, January has now gone so therefore we have to wiat till the summer.
You DO NOT PLAY ONE OF THE BEST MIDFIELDERS IN THE WORLD OUT ON THE RIGHT till you find cover, Its Rafa and the clubs fault that they didnt buy a right winger.
Wait for the transfer rumours again that resface in the summer, Gerrard p.issed off with Rafa.
Gerrard off to Chelsea,Madrid, Barca............................

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:15 am

Hes going nowhere  :p
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:15 am

I think Garcia could do a job wide right and Gerrard back in the middle.
I expect that for Benfica anyway.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:17 am

Ciggy wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:so who would play on the right instead of Gerrard right now? Garica? Cisse? coz i tell you what there certainly not better than Gerrard in that position. No one doubts that Gerrard plays better in the middle, but the simple fact is we dont have anyone better currently at the club to play on the wing. In the centre we can cover for him quite well by playing Sissoko or Hamman.

Weve had a year and a half to buy one.
Gerrard didnt mind filling in this position till January, January has now gone so therefore we have to wiat till the summer.
You DO NOT PLAY ONE OF THE BEST MIDFIELDERS IN THE WORLD OUT ON THE RIGHT till you find cover, Its Rafa and the clubs fault that they didnt buy a right winger.
Wait for the transfer rumours again that resface in the summer, Gerrard p.issed off with Rafa.
Gerrard off to Chelsea,Madrid, Barca............................

can you read Gerrards mind or something??? how do you now all this then.

the fact is we didnt sign a right winger for whatever reason, and im certain Rafa has been trying, and when he does sign the player im pretty certain he will be quality, but until then Gerrard is our best option and will probably continue to play their until the end of the season. As he is our captain and a good professional im sure he will do as his manager requires for the good of the team.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion