Reds eye galletti - Interesting?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Red @ Heart » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:13 pm

Sorry guys not a very good topic starter but what do you guys think?

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....i+talks

also mentions Fernando Torres.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:23 pm

Theirs no chance we could afford Torres!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:26 pm

Hi Red @ Heart, you may want to use the search option of the forum, as there is a whole thread about Galleti. I already said he's a valid player, not top class, but definitely would give options to Rafa. He's one of those primera players that are not mentioned as the best, but defo make your team stronger.

Anyway it's just a rumour I guess, as I've been told that Rafa wants prieto from Real Sociedad for next season.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:36 pm

Paul C wrote:Theirs no chance we could afford Torres!

Why not, i think it wouldnt hurt us if we just for once paid a whopper for a player, i think liverpool needs an out and out striker! and all the hype about Torres and for what i can see he is highly rated, i have not seen Torres play, maybe Sabre could shed some light on him.

And Sabre TBH i thought this was brand new news because its the first i have heard of this player being linked to us.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:43 pm

No problem mate, I just wanted to inform you!
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:50 pm

Sabre, I read your thoughts on Fernando Torres and many others who watch La Liga regularly. It seems that he is an overrated player, an overhyped player if you will, in Spain thanks to the press.

I think his market value would be around 18 million pounds (based on how Atletico rate him), do you think he's worth that money?

Because I hear that he's struggling with the physicality of La Liga, which is not saying much. If that is the case then he will have nightmares in the Premiership
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:00 pm

A.B. IMHO, only a world class striker, and I mean as the best forwards in the world are worth of that brutal amount of money. Torres is overrated, don't look his numbers, he scores every penalty of Atlético!, I wouldn't summon him even to the Spanish Squad, you'd hate him! he's a worse finisher than Morientes, and does not help the team with his work!

NO. Definitely No. :)

IMHO Atletico Madrid is realising he's not what they expected he'd become, and are going to try to fool someone with big sell. Chelski are the idiots who might fall in the trap, we shouldn't.

Galleti though, might help. But at the correct prize, 3M quid tops.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:18 pm

Reports are saying that we are offering four million pounds for Galletti. I'd take any right winger at the moment, we only have 7 days before the end of the transfer window
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:06 pm

Torres hasn't really improved much in the last year or so but  that's not so suprising as Athletico Madrid are pi$$ poor.

I was thinking this exact same thing on the Cisse thread but with Torres you know he has the control skills, pace and vision to make a very good footballer. He's way way overpriced though. Knowing Athletico though they would probably want silly money for Torres and I would suggest that we do not have this at the moment.

Players generally tend to do better in spain then they do in the premiership anyway. Morientes, Forlan, Kezman, Milosovic, Reyes. The list goes on.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:08 pm

I think our transfer activity in the January window may be donee. Rafa insists that he is still looking but I can't see us making any further moves until the summer.

I hope not but my gut feeling is that we have spent all we will in January...
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:22 pm

I was thinking this exact same thing on the Cisse thread but with Torres you know he has the control skills, pace and vision to make a very good footballer. He's way way overpriced though. Knowing Athletico though they would probably want silly money for Torres and I would suggest that we do not have this at the moment.

Pace, yes, skill to control the ball, yes, vision, no. He's not clever in his movements.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:07 pm

I think our transfer activity in the January window may be donee. Rafa insists that he is still looking but I can't see us making any further moves until the summer.

I hope not but my gut feeling is that we have spent all we will in January...

I have a feeling that we will sign Galletti by the end of the week. The game against Man Utd showed us why solely depending on Gerrard on the right flank is not going to be always affective. Which is why I believe that a deal will be done before the window closes.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:26 pm

Liverpool are interested in Atletico Madrid's right-sided midfielder Luciano Galletti. (Independent)

the stories not going away
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby euro_champs » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:23 am

Liverpool's bid for Atletico Madrid's Luciano Galletti appears to have hit the buffers after the Spaniards revealed they were unwilling to sell the £5 million-rated Argentine.

While a loan deal was out of the question, it was initially thought that Atletico would consider a permanent offer for the 25-year-old, but sporting director Toni Munoz has confirmed that the Liga outfit have put the kibosh on a January transfer.

"We have decided that at this time we don't want any changes to our squad," said Munoz.

"He is a player who can be very valuable to us."

Reds manager Rafa Benitez will now have to turn his attentions elsewhere in the search for a solution to the problematic right midfield position.

Steven Gerrard has been a more than adequate stop-gap in recent weeks but player and club are mindful of utilising his precocious talents in a more central role.

from sky sports
euro_champs

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:41 pm

As much as I love the club I am growing increasingly frustrated at our inability to attract players in this January transfer. I am a massive fan of the Agger move and think he will be a great signing. We are noted to have an interest in several right midfielders but nothing appears to be happening. If we are to continue progress in the league, and more importantly europe with the league almost certainly out with our grasp, Gerrard HAS to play in the middle of the park. I know he is very effective on the right hand side in the premiership but in europe he must play centrally if we are to progress and hopefully win the CL again.

I hope I am proven wrong but I am
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Return to The Rumour Mill