Reds in hunt for real starlet - Its luis's cousin

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:35 pm

From SSN:

Reports in Spain suggest Liverpool are pushing hard to secure the services of another Spanish youngster, Real Madrid's Javi Garcia.

The 20-year-old defensive midfielder, part of the Spain side that won the Under 19 European Championship in 2006, has spent the last five seasons at Real having joined from a regional side in his hometown of Murcia.

Highly rated within the corridors of the Santiago Bernabeu, he was expected to graduate to Real's first team last season, but found his progress blocked by the summer signings of Emerson and Mahamadou Diarra.

As a result he spent the majority of the campaign - a handful of UEFA Champions League and Copa del Rey games aside - with Real's B side, Castilla, and is now reported to be anxious for a chance to prove himself at first-team level.

With another change in management at the Bernabeu this summer that is far from guaranteed and he is now mulling over a number of offers to move on.

Real are keen to extend his contract which expires next summer, but Liverpool and Atletico Madrid are understood to be leading the chase for his signature, with both ready to part with €3million (£2million) to land the youngster.

Mallorca, Getafe and Deportivo are also keen on Garcia but Liverpool and Atletico appear in the driving seat should the player choose to end his stay at Real.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez does have the advantage of sharing the same agent as Garcia, Manuel Garcia Quilon, although Atletico may feel they have a trump card of their own as Garcia's cousin, and former Liverpool player, Luis Garcia, now plies his trade at the Vicente Calderon

link

----

well, yet another example of us trying to sign up promising youngsters, which is definately a good sign - but if he only wants to move to break into the first team - he's gonna have a hard job here with all the midfielders we have on our books!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:09 pm

he is 20... do we really need another midfielder? ???
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:59 pm

Hmmm, defensive midfielder, when Lucus comes does that not mean we've 4 players fighting for that position?
burjennio

Postby Ray Pugh » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:15 pm

A few real promising English youngsters would be nice as well
Ray Pugh

Postby heimdall » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:24 pm

Why do we want another midfielder, wingers Rafa, thatæs what we want and need, wingers not more defensive midfielders. I still have the feeling that there'll be another big signing this summer
heimdall

Postby Sabre » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:19 pm

Yet another youngster, and yet another Spaniard I don't know well since he has not much primera experience. Which leads us to the scatter gun debate again. There's too much signing up for my taste, it must be frustrating to work hard in the lower categories of Liverpool and see how you train hard but it doesn't matter because 12 signings (not sure how many it's been but it's been a few) are coming every summer.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:34 pm

All this interest in defensive midfielders/central midfielders, leads me to think that Mascherano is not cut and dried to be staying after this season.
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:38 am

s@int wrote:All this interest in defensive midfielders/central midfielders, leads me to think that Mascherano is not cut and dried to be staying after this season.

Possibly Saint and wouldnt that be a shame mate.
66-1112520797

Postby Paul C » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:31 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
s@int wrote:All this interest in defensive midfielders/central midfielders, leads me to think that Mascherano is not cut and dried to be staying after this season.

Possibly Saint and wouldnt that be a shame mate.

Yeah not good, things seem weird regards Mascherano, he doesn't strike me as in Rafa's plans, especially with Leiva arriving  ???

I hope I'm wrong cos Mascher has been mint since he arrived in January  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill