What the hell has happened to nick barmby? - Liverpool to hull

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:12 pm

nick barmby has just signed a one year contract for his home town of hull. i have to say that this is a sad story. whatever happened to the player of 2001? i watched the treble video last night and he was superb during that season. looking back, i can't even remember why we let him go. he scored vital goals from midfield, something we have been lacking over the past few seasons. he was also in the england team that beat germany 5-1 in munich.

another story of talent wasted. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mynameisred » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:32 pm

Im currently living in Hull and everyone is going mad about it, he recieved a nice pay off from Leeds so he doesnt need the money all his family are here and can play a part in taking the biggest city in Europe to never have a top flight team up a level. My g.friend works with his sister and apperently its everything he wants, there is even talk of sheringham going there. Hull have have a cracking ground (they were getting 15-18 thousand at home games in div 3)great facilities a decent manager, good finances and the city is on the up. I understand what you are saying but Im sure if his agent touted him around he could have played a couple more seasons at the top but who are we to judge what he wants. I agree with what you said about 2001 and thats exactly the reason why I wish the lad all the best.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:34 pm

mynameisred wrote:the biggest city in Europe to never have a top flight team

is that true? well you learn something every day! :;):
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mynameisred » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:39 pm

Apparently so, I have lived here for about three years now and every single taxi driver who talks football comes out with it. So it must be true!!!!!
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:08 am

think he is at hull now
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:09 am

sorry still half a sleep
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<