Get freddy adu!

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:06 pm

apparently chelsea want him (surprise, surprise!)
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:17 am

Apparently Chelsea is his favourite team and its his dream to play for them ??? , I wonder if he had the same dream two years ago.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby H_K_LFC » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:03 pm

we shud get him and train him up.......dus he not remind yous of heskey expect better lol :p
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:51 pm

woof woof ! wrote:With the connections the Glazer family have in the USA , if the fella ever came to the premiership i would expect to see him at Manchester. :(

I've changed my mind , saw the lad being interviewed the other day  after one of Chelsea's USA games . He said when he leaves the USA he wants to play for Chelsea.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby matrix » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:48 am

woof woof ! wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:With the connections the Glazer family have in the USA , if the fella ever came to the premiership i would expect to see him at Manchester. :(

I've changed my mind , saw the lad being interviewed the other day  after one of Chelsea's USA games . He said when he leaves the USA he wants to play for Chelsea.

yes woof woof!  roman has told him if you come to us i will buy you anything you want son   :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:54 am

On a complete tangent, does anyone have any information on what happened to Sonny Pike?  The next big thing from ten years ago?

I'm too lazy to type his name into Google you see.

PS, D'you get the irony of the post........no............fu*k off then.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

Yes, Woollyback, I've hit the booze tonight before you ask.
jonnymac1979

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:18 am

Found this on some website jonny, seems like a real shame what happened to him.

WHERE IS SONNY PIKE?

Sonny Pike is currently living near the Scottish town of Dundee, and is studying psychology at Dundee University. He found the pressures of top-class football too much, and in 2003 decided to pursue a more regular caree - having been prive to sports psychologists he decided to follow that path. None the less, he still has a fervent passion for the game, playing Sunday league football for "Dryburgh Saints", as well as weekly 5-aside fixtures against other students, enjoying the, what he calls, "Fag at Half-time" culture. He is currently training for a Scottish F.A. coaching certificate, and as part of this, he coaches two Primary school teams in the area. Although he doesn't support a local team, he goes to matches regularly, purely for his love of the game.

Sonny says that he's much happier away from professional football. He is open that playing professional football was his childhood dream, but the pressure placed on him by his club, agents, sponsors and, to a lesser extent, the media made him suffer a nervous breakdown in October 2000, whilst still part of the Ajax youth squad:

"It couldn't take it, and I got ill, really screwed up. I stopped going to training and stuff, because I was so screwed up I couldn't hack it. Looking back, it's amazing how low I was. Ajax completely forgot about me, they didn't want to know, but as soon as I was better, they acted like they'd always been there for me. I realised how superficial it is at the level, and if I hadn't got back to form I bet they would have turfed me out. That's why I packed it in, it's so unstable.I guess it was during that period that I realised how much psychologists can help people, and I suppose I took it from there."

Sonny Pike says he is not currently considering playing professionally, but he says he is not ruling it out as a prospect for the future, especially at a lower lever. Before coming to University, he played some football in the English Conference. He does not keep any ties with Ajax.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:08 am

On a lighter note. On Football Manager, buy Freddy Adu from DC united as soon as you start. He costs under a £m but you can't play him for the first year. He gets top notch though. Maxi Lopez and Carlos Tevez are also worth a shout. :D
Last edited by The Ace1983 on Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BristolRed » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:30 pm

A player has to be 16 to play in the prem league
BristolRed

Postby Everton Killa » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:39 am

Adu said da only club he wants to go to is chelsea wen hes older
Everton Killa

Postby liverpoolrich » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:02 am

adamnbarrett wrote:I don't mean get him and give him first team football because he would get totally manhandled and that is throwing him in at the deep end.

chelsea have put a offer in and failed also chelsea will give him 1st team football  he aint gonna sit on the bench for 3 yrs no way
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion