Get freddy adu!

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri May 06, 2005 6:22 pm

He's 15 and is the most promising forward in football. Sticks them in the back of the net for fun. Currently playing for DC United in USA he has already made appearences foe them. Real Madrid and Manure have been linked with him and I was just thinking why arnt we one of the clubs in for him?

I mean we are in the CL Final and who would turn down the winners of the biggest competition in Europe. I just think we should get one of our scouts to look at him. Does any one know anything more about him and wot do you think of him?
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Sat May 07, 2005 3:27 am

He is very weak. He has skills, but gets totally manhandled. I personally don't see him doing too well in the Premiership because he is so small and weak.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby kullinger » Sat May 14, 2005 9:50 pm

do yoy say adu is week? the boy is just 15 come on?
kullinger

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue May 17, 2005 9:24 pm

He is very weak. He has skills, but gets totally manhandled. I personally don't see him doing too well in the Premiership because he is so small and weak.

I don't mean get him and give him first team football because he would get totally manhandled and that is throwing him in at the deep end. Remember he is 15 u have like 3 years to send him on loan to a lower league and develop his experience of english football there. If we did try to get him he is under 17 so he doesn't have a professional contract and it would be unprotected and be less than a mil to buy him. It's worth getting a scout to look at him.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed May 18, 2005 2:10 am

He's staying in the US for now, he's only 15 and wants to be with his family which is fair enough. If he wanted to move to the UK he would've gone to Manure, he will be in the US for a couple more years I would say.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed May 18, 2005 4:30 am

he is staying in the US until he can get cirizenship there.

anyway all that glitters is not gold, the rumour is that he is much older than he says
112-1077774096

Postby JBG » Wed May 18, 2005 2:02 pm

Yeah, I saw Freddie Adu down the boozer having a pint and smoking fags and complainin to the landlord about his receeding hairline. :p :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Wed May 18, 2005 2:04 pm

Too young, to inexperienced, too much of American hype about him - to much unknown.
Better to wait and keep an eye on him.
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed May 18, 2005 8:41 pm

Heard he is a lot older than he says he is, apparently so was Cherno Samba

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby looprevil » Fri May 27, 2005 5:32 am

Watched a few games of dc united on tv. He looks like a promising talent, but he hasn't even cracked their starting 11 so give him time.  He does seem to have good vision and from what I've seen can run at defenders with good success. Maybe when he is 18 or 19 and a little bigger and stronger he could be a good player although I think its best to wait and see how he develops first.  The MLS is a good league for him to develop in.
looprevil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rowly88 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:19 pm

We should get him and chuck him in the reserves for experience but he will cost a bit sense its America.
Live 4 Liverpool Die for Liverpool

http://images.google.co.uk/images?....kJ:http

Thanks Rafa, steven and espeicaly you Jamie.
Rowly88

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:57 am

With the connections the Glazer family have in the USA , if the fella ever came to the premiership i would expect to see him at Manchester. :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby MCYan » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:27 pm

I doubt Adu's abilities. He was signed by nike and been making all these commericals/trick shows for them. He is just an overated talent by US ppl. He is still too young/small/weak to turn professional. Go finish your high school before playing football!

PS I think he can't get a work permit to play in UK lol.
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:55 pm

Play championship manager its fun.

Freddy is rated as a natural finisher if we got him he would take a few years to adjust. He will be good though.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeffiroquai » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:46 am

Being from the states, I can tell you, this lad is massively overated!!  I watch all of his club's games, and he is not a consistent contributor, on a lower table team.  I agree, the lad will be class, but he is not going to develop in the MLS.

And if he is as young as they say, I am mickey mouse.
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion