Freddy adu - We must sign him up

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:51 pm

the hype and the marketing, for someone to sit on the bench?
I would rather have a proven talent, like aimar, than someone who is a risk. We dont need anymore flops, we need someone who is established.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:22 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
jeffiroquai wrote:Peter Nowak is the manager.

i do apologise ace ,could remind me who the illustrious steve nichol does manage

i think it is the new england revolution mate, or something like that.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:25 pm

He's older than it's said. Two years ago MLS stated that he was 15 and now they still say that he is 15 which makes no sense really, he's at least 17 possibly even 18 years old.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:44 am

meelan#5 wrote:No thanks the americans are good at advertising a half decent player to be something special , which for an average American he might be, but hundreds of players from S. America with more ability get churned out almost every year from that area, its just that countries they come from dont have stupid money to spend on adverts with Pele to over vaue their youngsters.

Robinho, Tevez, Marcelinho, Farfan are all better than Adu.

agree about the South America thing, they continue to churn out quality youngsters, particularly in Brazil and Argentina.

Yeh incredible thing is that these countires have no where near the money that their European competitors have yet Brazil continues to be the best football nation in the world. Imagine what some of these South American countires could so with the sort of facilities that the top European nations have.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:14 pm

what has happened in south america, is happening in africa

so it comes as no surprise that the nations with no money churn out good footballers

it wont be long before african nations maybe dominating the world cups

wait n see
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeffiroquai » Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:30 pm

I agree with the comments regarding South America and Africa on the rise in terms of dominating on the international levels.

Here in the states, I think we would be much more competitive, due to money and top notch facilities, but the best atheletes in the country do not play the sport.  All of the top notch atheletes play american football, baseball, and basketball.  That is where the money is to be made, hence that is where their focus is.

In addition, from a young age, all of the major sports in the states focus on using your hands.  That is why, i believe, the best players coming out of America are always keepers.  Where as in other countries, European, South American, et al, kids are playing soccer at a young age and don't focus on other sports.

Enough of me spouting off.

Lets kick Juve's ****** today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:53 pm

The Return of the Judge wrote:what has happened in south america, is happening in africa

so it comes as no surprise that the nations with no money churn out good footballers

wait n see

Pele said that an African team would win the WC by 2000.

Although i agree Africa has a lot of talent, the lack of money and more importantly internal fighting and politics that exist over there overshadow the football. Nigeria for example in 2002 apparently had a lot of internal sqaubbling going on and the result was they perfomed poorly.

Alos take the recent Kanoute incident playing for Mali, I mean that isn't going to encourage your best players to play for their country now is it!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:32 am

LFC #1 wrote:
The Return of the Judge wrote:what has happened in south america, is happening in africa

wait n see

Although i agree Africa has a lot of talent, the lack of money and more importantly internal fighting and politics that exist over there overshadow the football. Nigeria for example in 2002 apparently had a lot of internal sqaubbling going on and the result was they perfomed poorly.

Alos take the recent Kanoute incident playing for Mali, I mean that isn't going to encourage your best players to play for their country now is it!

do you remember the nigeria that died in the plane crash, they couldve won the world cup if they'd lived. however, the second string team won the olympics instead, beatin argentina n all.

not bad for a bunch of paupers eh??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:04 pm

The Return of the Judge wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:

wait n see

do you remember the nigeria that died in the plane crash, they couldve won the world cup if they'd lived. however, the second string team won the olympics instead, beatin argentina n all.

not bad for a bunch of paupers eh??

the only one i know of is the Zambia team that lost all 18 players in a plane crash.

Is that what you are referring to?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion