Freddy adu - We must sign him up

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby cpc4eva » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:02 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/25/60minutes/main608681.shtml

i pray for this kid to play 10 seasons with liverpool.......
cpc4eva

Postby bigmick » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:07 am

Isn't there a dispute about his age? I read or heard or dreamt somewhere that he claims to be 16 but some reckon he's in his late twenties. By all accounts a prodigious talent though. These child prodigies rarely fulfill their potential however.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cpc4eva » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:13 am

i havnt heard the one about his age.... from wat i know he is legit.

he needs to get out of america.......   damn i hate that place...

how are the youngsters in the liverpool academy going ?  Anyone making a name for themselves and look like hot prospects like owen and fowler were ?
cpc4eva

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:26 am

Well Rafa seems to think quiet highly of young darren potter an Karl Noon is making a bit of a name for himself, but no-one is really screaming 'LOOK AT ME I DESERVE TO PLAY REGULARLY FOR THE MIGHTY LIVERPOOL FC' just yet
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:23 pm

I suspect Fredi Adu is a bit older than he lets on.

Remember Abedi Pele that used to play for Marseille back in the early 1990s? He seemed to be 29 forever and years later it emerged that he was 2 or 3 years older than he let on!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 109-1093441336 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:27 pm

No thanks the americans are good at advertising a half decent player to be something special , which for an average American he might be, but hundreds of players from S. America with more ability get churned out almost every year from that area, its just that countries they come from dont have stupid money to spend on adverts with Pele to over vaue their youngsters.

Robinho, Tevez, Marcelinho, Farfan are all better than Adu.
109-1093441336

Postby the great one » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:18 pm

Wat league he plays in again ???  Mls no thankz and also heard he want to play for the scum i wouldn't want a player like that at Liverpool :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:41 pm

apparently he is over 21...an average player att best, no thanks!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:53 pm

I'd take him. If he's average, then he's still better than half of our squad. I saw him play a while ago and he did look a bit better than average. Plus, and I know this can be a bit of a sore point for some, but the revenue from shirt sales in America alone would be well, well worth it. Plus, I think some people's anti-American attitudes, may be getting in the way of their judgements. I wish some people could leave their prejudices outside.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:05 pm

He plays for Dc United, I live in dc so here is my objective report. 

I have watched him throughout the season and watched him play his first game.  He's fast, can turn defenders on a dime, and my friend attends High school with him, and got me a tour of the facilities.  Honestly I think he is hiding his age, but I'm not sure as to why such a big deal is made of his age.  He is a great young p[layed who I can confirm can not be over the age of 18, none the less 21.  Would be a great buy, but I can't see Adu being sold for less than $5 million as he is the future of United.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:13 pm

Well we've paid a lot more than £2.5 million for some players who aren't even average. £10 million for Diouf is a good (or bad start). Hmmm... let me think. £10 million for a joke like Diouf who had one good world cup, or £2.5million for a young, talented player who has been talked about for a few years now, even over here. I know what I'd choose. But is it true about his astronomical wage bill?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeffiroquai » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:17 pm

I attend several DC United games a year, and recognize him as quite a talent for coming out of the states.  DC won the league last year, but he had mainly a supporting role to a veteran team.  This year he is making the move to the attacking midfield position, as opposed to his natural striking position he has played his whole life (however long that has been....... ??? )

That being said, outside of the marketing aspects of having him as a Red, I don't see the quality being there in the next couple of years for him to have any kind of impact in the Premiership.  All his hype is centered around trying to drum up intrest in REAL football here in the states, which was difficult since he was just a part time player.  And considering that most players from here are rubbish, except goaltenders! (And Zack Whitbread) :D
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:23 pm

jeffiroquai wrote:I attend several DC United games a year, and recognize him as quite a talent for coming out of the states.  DC won the league last year, but he had mainly a supporting role to a veteran team.  This year he is making the move to the attacking midfield position, as opposed to his natural striking position he has played his whole life (however long that has been....... ??? )

That being said, outside of the marketing aspects of having him as a Red, I don't see the quality being there in the next couple of years for him to have any kind of impact in the Premiership.  All his hype is centered around trying to drum up intrest in REAL football here in the states, which was difficult since he was just a part time player.  And considering that most players from here are rubbish, except goaltenders! (And Zack Whitbread) :D

isn't stevie nick the manager of dc utd
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeffiroquai » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:31 pm

Peter Nowak is the manager.
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:39 pm

jeffiroquai wrote:Peter Nowak is the manager.

i do apologise ace ,could remind me who the illustrious steve nichol does manage
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion