Epl foreign select - Your team

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:17 am

i was reading an interview with Marcel Desailly regarding Chelsea's hopes on the title and he went on to speak about Zola and Henry. which kind of struck me, the EPL has seen many foreign hits. name your best 11 of the 90s here and the subs.

GK - Friedal, Westerveld, Dudek, Schmeichel, Barthez,

DF - Stam, Hyppia, Desailly, Petrescu, Henchoz, Radebe, Berg, Stimac, Ziege, Babbel, Heggam, Lebeouf,

MD - Di Matteo, Vieira, Petit, Hamann, Molby,

AM - Ginola, Pires, Carbone, Poyet, Overmars, Kewell, Juninho, Kancheliskis, Limpar,

ST - Henry, Nistelrooy, Bergkamp, Kanu, Wanchope, Yeboah, Anelka, Ravenelli, Vialli,

the above are just some players. i may have missed out on many but those are the ones i can remember off my head.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:59 pm

Maybe Zola and Cantona? they weren't bad.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:20 pm

oh yeah Zola and Cantona! i forgot :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:44 pm

Not sure about Westerveld. Ok I know he played for us but he was cack. I remember watching him miskick a goal kick against Southampton once. It was comical. And then once in a Derby he kicked the ball straight into Jeffers and it came back of his back into his own net. :laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:30 am

I'll pick just one foreign player. Consistently the best player the premiership has seen. Peter Schmeical. At the time, Cantona was all the rage but for me Schmeical was brilliant. The best shot stopper, the best handler and one of the best at throwing out the ball to set up another attack. I envied united for having him.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion