Why gerard is playing rw finnans form and - Why johns r is playing poor and baros

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Gaffer » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:42 am

The reason Steve finnan has been playing so well is that we lack a right winger/midfielder. If you look at his contribution, it is the fact that we dont have a right winger that he has been pooping up. Not that I am complaining as I rate him, but how good could we be if we had someone how could cross the ball like beck's. Finnan has set up kewells and ping pongs goal recently from his crosses. He himself would acknowlege himself as not the best crosser of the ball. I argue this point in conjuntion with Harry's resugence of form. Harry gives us width, an avenue to get out of. This is why beni has picked him since he has been back. He can cross the ball and beat players. This might also be the anwser to why John R form has taken a dip. He is not as influential as he was as harry is doing his job very well and deserved his goal. We still lack balance and beni knows this but is waiting for the right player. My guess is that he will wait. He won the champions league with baros who he would not normally choose as his first choice striker. If the player he wants is cup tied he will sit it out and adust his tactics accordingly. We will see gerard in the centre but how soon is only beni will tell us.
The Gaffer

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:00 am

karim is back

:no
112-1077774096

Postby The Gaffer » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:07 am

no i am new and i think i am right give me a proper opinion and not in 10 words
The Gaffer

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:09 am

I think the reason Finnan is getting forward is because Gerrard is playing RW and allowing him to.

Finnan knows that if he loses the ball, he has one of the best tacklers around behind him, rather than a second-striker, etc.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Gaffer » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:12 am

its because he is not there thats the problem, he cuts inside so Steve fin has to come forward have you not seen the games luton and tot's where we have no width it could also be that we have had no garcia either we need width anwser me why johns playing so poor and finnan is so good its because we have harry but no right larry
The Gaffer

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:23 pm

The Gaffer wrote:its because he is not there thats the problem, he cuts inside so Steve fin has to come forward have you not seen the games luton and tot's where we have no width it could also be that we have had no garcia either we need width anwser me why johns playing so poor and finnan is so good its because we have harry but no right larry

I can't read that.  Can anyone else?  I swear, when I look at it it's a load of blurriness.  No structure at all.

???

What's this all about?

because we have harry but no right larry
jonnymac1979

Postby 66-1137139704 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:38 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
The Gaffer wrote:its because he is not there thats the problem, he cuts inside so Steve fin has to come forward have you not seen the games luton and tot's where we have no width it could also be that we have had no garcia either we need width anwser me why johns playing so poor and finnan is so good its because we have harry but no right larry

I can't read that.  Can anyone else?  I swear, when I look at it it's a load of blurriness.  No structure at all.

???

What's this all about?

because we have harry but no right larry

its coz hes probably a spaniard and hes translated it from an online translation service.

Hey newbie,try alstavista :)
66-1137139704

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:45 pm

He isn't Spanish. He's definately an English speaker. British aswell, I'd guess.
He just can't be bothered to write a proper paragraph.

To suggest we have no width on the right with Stevie G playing there is a bit silly really. He cuts in, yes. But implying that Finnan is the only one on the right is quite pathetic. ???

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:50 pm

How come this can appear as a topic?  You will get banned. Good Luck Babe
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:41 pm

The Gaffer wrote:The reason Steve finnan has been playing so well is that we lack a right winger/midfielder. If you look at his contribution, it is the fact that we dont have a right winger that he has been pooping up. Not that I am complaining as I rate him, but how good could we be if we had someone how could cross the ball like beck's. Finnan has set up kewells and ping pongs goal recently from his crosses. He himself would acknowlege himself as not the best crosser of the ball. I argue this point in conjuntion with Harry's resugence of form. Harry gives us width, an avenue to get out of. This is why beni has picked him since he has been back. He can cross the ball and beat players. This might also be the anwser to why John R form has taken a dip. He is not as influential as he was as harry is doing his job very well and deserved his goal. We still lack balance and beni knows this but is waiting for the right player. My guess is that he will wait. He won the champions league with baros who he would not normally choose as his first choice striker. If the player he wants is cup tied he will sit it out and adust his tactics accordingly. We will see gerard in the centre but how soon is only beni will tell us.

..and breathe
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:08 pm

Lando's point is good. I think we cannot isolate any player's form. The form of a player also depends on how is the team working. Gerrard is a complete player and besides what he provides with the ball, he puts a good lock in that right wing, much more than LG, I think. I should watch some games again but I'm pretty sure that when we have Gerrard on the right, the right back has less work than with other combinations.

And no, he doesn't sound Spaniard </El passport checker>
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:08 pm

who is going to send these poor lost lambs back on the right path.......   no wonder .tv wants rid of em all  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby el_stinger » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:27 am

I think he's a little lyxlexlics :D
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion