Rafa and our new legends

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:54 pm

Sabre wrote:
and who would that Moron exactly be 

Half my country. Young people is evolving, but 50 year people who was educated in Franco schools, many of them, think that a girl should be in the kitchen and football is  a matter of men. As that generation dies, the old bad ideas will die.

women should be in the kitchen, but they can watch football too.  :wwww

only kidding, excellent post, hope thay make a bronze statue of you CGGY and put it in the top corner of this forum.
oOShrimpyOo

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:05 pm

zarababe wrote:
Sabre wrote:I request permission to send a link to your posts, when some moron claim than girls don't understand what football is.

and who would that Moron exactly be  :veryangry

Stu the red  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:05 pm

Ciggy - Nice bit of fiction there girl but why ruin a good story with the facts ?
If you want to see a sad sight go to Glenbuck now - There's only one house left and that's a shed.

Shanks was "down the mines" for a week at the most before he realised it was a waste of time. The man was a leader all his life and he knew it (he never actually played for The Cherrypickers). Bob Paisley could never have done what he did without the foundations that Shanks laid and Fagin never wanted the job in the first place.
King Kenny (The best  all season player I've ever seen, including Best, Pele etc etc) won the double because he was PLAYER/Manager, we'd never have won either title without him coming off the bench.

We've been lucky in the 50s when Shanks came and he was strong enough to stamp his personality on the club despite having a crew of dyckheads on the board. He forged a bond between the players/management/supporters that no other team had, but all wanted to copy. His influence slowly diminished over the years and that's where we started to go wrong.

It's a vastly different world now and I don't know if Shanks could do it today but there are similarities with Raffa in that we now have a manager who knows his players inside out, good bits and bad bits, a manager who reacts to his supporters in the right way and is The Boss to the team, not a mate.

Well on his way to being a Liverpool legend. 

There is no one there today within two or three years of becoming a legend, Jamie Carra is the closest but a 60s equal would be Ian Callaghan or Chris Lawler and who calls them legends ?.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:07 pm

oOShrimpyOo wrote:excellent post, hope thay make a bronze statue of you CGGY and put it in the top corner of this forum.

Awwww arnt you a sweetheart  :blush:
I wouldnt fit on it though  :p
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:11 pm

JohnBull wrote:Ciggy - Nice bit of fiction there girl but why ruin a good story with the facts ?

John I always love your posts mate and your knowledge is far more than that of mine, your older youve seen it all, ex reds drink in your pub so you know more than me mate.
Its not really fiction is it, but I didnt want the original topic to drag on with a history lesson.
Just happy mate thats all.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:57 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
zarababe wrote:
Sabre wrote:I request permission to send a link to your posts, when some moron claim than girls don't understand what football is.

and who would that Moron exactly be  :veryangry

Stu the red  :D

:D lol

although I think you'll find there is many a moron on here who woud concurr with that, as well as half of Spain   :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:14 pm

If anyone has videos of the FA youth cup win for the young reds could they please post them up. Idrizaj scored 2 crackers and im anxious to see them. This kid is gonna be big people. He wasnt Austrian player of the year for nothing at his age.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:41 am

ciggy, fancy a pint?

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:12 am

primodua wrote:ciggy, fancy a pint?

I dont drink pints but Ill have a bottle of Corona instead if your buying  :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:09 pm

i'll buy for ya alright... you from merseyside ciggy? Been wanting to go there...never got the chance. Do your bars have tequizas?

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion