The board - The board

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redulike » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:43 am

What exactly have the board done wrong?

They financed a whole load of trf's despite no champions league money for a couple od seasons. OK Houllier made some signings that didn't work out but that's not the board's fault.

They've backed Houllier. I'd be disappointed if they didn't. There's still the CL spot to go for to not back him now till the end of the season would wave goodbye to that.

Old Red Eyes says the management structure needs to be over hauled. I'd be interested in a more in depth opinion. Why?
What's wrong with the current structure? Exactly what do you suggest?

LFC are financially strong and run to compete which is all you can really ask.

Those calling for Morgan to come in - Why?

Do you know he's all for a shared stadium and listing the club?

To be fair Houllier appears to have lost all momentum and I would hope the board sack him in the summer. I don't think many managers resign until the board says "I think you should resign". But in the meantime everybody should be behind the team in hope that we sneak the CL spot.
Redulike

Postby Woollyback » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:45 am

Morgan said a ground-share was just one of a number of options to be considered to increase capacity. It'll never happen whoever's in charge.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lep_16 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:49 am

Do you not think that IF we don't make the CL on a regular basis that ground share is a good way forward in terms of finance. Share the costs with the bluesh**e maybe con them into paying 75%  :;):  and we have money to buy some excellent players. It works well in Italy and tbh I fear we are on the edge of a Leeds/Leicester financial mess. I worry when the board are as secretive as they are sometimes feel they are telling us one thing and actually doing another. I am not fully in favour of groundshare with them but just wanted to throw the idea in about finance
never let your past dictate your future but make sure it plays a part
Lep_16

Postby ynwa » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:52 am

any body hear what rick parry said that if liverpool dont in to the cl we will keep gh
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:58 am

Groundshare would make sense financially - for the blueshite at least, cos the bill would end up getting paid by LFC and whatever funding the council would come up with. So Everton would get a free ticket away from their dirty old shed.

The finance side of us moving to a 60,000 ground on Stanley Park has already been worked and we can afford it on our own so let the blueshite rot, I say.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lep_16 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:08 am

Woollyback wrote:The finance side of us moving to a 60,000 ground on Stanley Park has already been worked and we can afford it on our own so let the blueshite rot, I say.

fair point but I just hope we have not budgeted for the new ground gambling on CL football. Thats what I mean about the secretive board although I might have missed the comments. I just fear us stretching ourselves beyond our limits and ending up in brown smelly stuff over our head
Lep_16

Postby Woollyback » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:10 am

Lep, that's my only worry - that all the maths has been done on the assumption of  bit of CL wonga coming our way  :(
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lep_16 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:29 am

Woollyback wrote:Lep, that's my only worry - that all the maths has been done on the assumption of  bit of CL wonga coming our way  :(

I just see what has happened to Rangers/Leeds and a few european teams who think they deserve CL football but haven't actually got the team base right to qualify. If you look at this years last 4 there really isn't a "BIG" team there and I wonder if they look at the finance side and decide "OK we will get into the CL and then gamble on going a long way".I worry we are getting further behind the top european sides but are spending like we are still one of them. God I remember the days when no one wanted to play us now we are just another team  :(
Lep_16

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion