H.E.Roberts,
J.T.Cross

Team Manager  Gérard Houllier

Secretary  W.B.Morrison
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Fri May 14, 2004 9:02 am

What was your opinion on the boards decision last night Leon?
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Fri May 14, 2004 9:09 am

very bad decision i think most will agree

the tai deal gives them the marketing rights in asia so we will not see most of that money so they are the ones realy going to make money from it not us :angry:
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Fri May 14, 2004 10:30 am

what money is there to be made from merchandising in Thailand. Have you browsed Bangkok's shopping centres and their Patpong night market? There are full of counterfits. Jersey going for £5 each anyone? This investment is politically motivated and design to make him a hero among the Thai people and win him an election next year. Besides the money is courtesy of Thai tax payers. How convenient :;):
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 14, 2004 10:32 am

I personally think tis a disgrace, it should always have gone to Morgan who obviously has the clubs best interest at heart. And rememer you asw an almost exclusive right here...hehe (well, not right here, on another topic thingy, but u know what i mean)
Going to the thai guy just isnt going to be good
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Fri May 14, 2004 10:34 am

I really don't know what to think, for every pro there's a con and visa versa, Morgan would have been a good choice heart wise but fans don't always make the right business decisions.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fritzylfc » Fri May 14, 2004 11:00 am

the options the board have taken over the last few seasons, do thet really know wots right for the club.Morgan was he going upset to many directers who just sit on the fence
fritzylfc

Postby stmichael » Fri May 14, 2004 11:04 am

the board of liverpool are a bunch of clowns who are turning a club into a circus act. it's all about POWER, nothing else. the future seems irrelevant as long as moores gets what's best for him. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JohnBull » Fri May 14, 2004 11:20 am

The Club is becoming a rich man's plaything.
The board is made up of self serving parasites who are looking after their own little empires first. There is not one of them who could be described as a successful business man and the way they are running the club (turnover up - profits down) proves the point.
If Tesco had had the same results the board would have been sacked but not here!!! Steve Morgan made his money the hard way and is putting it where his mouth is - his track record in business is excellent and if he values the club at £69million I would go along with his judgement.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Fri May 14, 2004 11:22 am

The thai investment will just be that i guess an investment not an active role in the club!
Lets face it does it matter hugely if the thai PM knows the entire history of LFC if he just wants to be part of a large brand and financial banker!
That will all be benificial for LFC he is not the manager and isnt going to run the club!
Just try and make us profitable in the Asian Market!
Sure it will benifit him thats why he is investing in us!
He isnt going to upset the applecart so to speak!

My biggest concearn is Morgan will try too much too quickly!
Yes he is avidly passionate for LFC!
And if he was going to outrightly by LFC i feel that would be less unsettling as there will be no conflict in interests or ideas!
I feel that not exepting his offer was right as he has undervalued the club which is never a good thing to do!
I do not question his intentions to improve LFC i just feel that this is not the best way to do it maybe if he put in a similar offer to what the thai pm did then things may be different!

As other people have said there are pros and cons to both parties concearned!
And the board and all at LFC want the best for the club i'm sure the right decision will be made eventualy
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Fri May 14, 2004 11:27 am

JohnBull wrote:The Club is becoming a rich man's plaything.
The board is made up of self serving parasites who are looking after their own little empires first. There is not one of them who could be described as a successful business man and the way they are running the club (turnover up - profits down) proves the point.
If Tesco had had the same results the board would have been sacked but not here!!! Steve Morgan made his money the hard way and is putting it where his mouth is - his track record in business is excellent and if he values the club at £69million I would go along with his judgement.

It was an independent assesment to determine the value the club not the boards!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Fri May 14, 2004 1:20 pm

but it is only worth what somebody is prepared to pay
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Fri May 14, 2004 1:40 pm

at least members might get discount on thai prawn crackers
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 14, 2004 1:59 pm

yet another pearl of wisdom from the cheeseman :laugh:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri May 14, 2004 3:31 pm

Actually, and dont start calling me Stu, the board have made the correct descision. Let me finish.

The board have said that the deal on the table from Mr Morgan is not the one, but they did say that "The board have therefore concluded that the Bridgemere Proposal as currently constituted is not attractive." Now the key thing here is that it says "as currently constituted". This means that they are not completley snubbing the Bridgemere option, simply that they are not willing to under value the club to get more money in for transfers etc.

Now I am not 100% sure of the exact options available, but from what I can make out from the numerous websites, papers and radio shows is that Mr Sinawatshisname is planning to purchase a block of 15000 as yet un issued shares at a cost of £4000.00 each, giving us the 60 - 65 million pounds. Mr Morgans plan is to add further shares to the existing ones, known as a share rights issue, thus devaluing the cost of each individual existing share. Basically, I understand that the board are willing to think about the idea, but not if it devalues the cost of existing shares too much. You following me? So if the Morgan offer is reworked, then the board will discuss it, so long as the existing shares are not devalued too much.

Surely you can agree that this is not a bad descision, simply a request for a better or different approach from Mr Morgan and chums.

"Que?"
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion