What are the board up to ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zackboxer » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:24 pm

The hints and rumours have seemed to indicate that GH will still be manager next season regardless of how the season finishes.
If that’s the case though I can’t understand why when GH is under so much pressure board haven’t come out and said he will be here next season?
If he is to be here next season I think it would have been fairer to have come out and announced this as it would have taken away all the speculation that has built up, eased the pressure on the manager and been more settling for the club as a whole, particularly as we are still trying to qualify for the champions league.

It seems to me that either
A) They are keeping there options open and are undecided as to whether he should stay (after 5 years they should know if they think he’s the man for the job or not!)
B) They are going to sack him (in which case the aren’t going to say that until the end of the season for obvious reasons!) or
C) GH will be here next season but they don’t want to announce that until summer as perhaps they are worried about fans demonstrating or showing there feeling about that in the last couple of home games.

I’ve felt for awhile GH will be the manager next season but I just can’t figure out how the board are playing this.
This isn't a criticism of the board as such, I’d just be interested in your idea’s of what the board might be thinking or are going to do?
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:36 pm

Lets just hope its B
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:41 pm

Its wrong to say he's had 5 years, he's had 6. Make no mistake GH refers to his 5 full seasons in sole charge but he's been there since summer 98 and evans was booted out soon after and I cannot imagine Evans won any arguments with GH about team selection as he was so timid and GH so arrogant.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:34 pm

he won much more than evans and souness so he deserves longer, he raised expectations again and sorted out the whole professional attitude of the club, no more spice boys tag he worked wonders getting rid of that tag! we won a few cups and competed in the champs league, everybody is too quick to forget all this! you were all cheering and singing his name when we were winning trophies, so his five year plan didnt work, not everything is going to be plain sailing, KOP ON and give him a chance!

i hope houllier stays i believe he is the man for the job! :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:28 pm

FACT GH will be manager next season

FACT The Liverpool board do not do "votes of confidence"
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:38 pm

dont think they know which way to jump just yet.But if G.H.goes i can see moores goin to. ???
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:10 pm

of those options i hope it is b but i think it is c. this board have their heads rammed so far up their own backsides that they are not doing what is right for the future of this football club. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:13 pm

cant he gracefully resign and say he wants to do something else? I dont wanna see him sacked, but i dont wanna see him here next season
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:16 pm

theres's little if no chance of that happening unfortunately. houllier is seriously deluded. he still thinks we can win the league next season. ask him if he still thinks that in october and i know what the answer will be.

i believe that next season is his last year on his contract though. so as long as the board don't go completely insane and offer him a new one, we should only have one more season to endure.

amen
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:23 pm

i think thats why the board are sticking with him for another year, so they can get rid of him without sacking him, whilst giving him a final chance at the same time.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redandblue » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:48 pm

The board will stick by him because both Moores and Parry are complete fools.

Yes, he did win a few trophies and he did get rid of the spice boys which was good. BUT, this Liverpool team is desperately poor, performances have been poor, results have been inconsistent and his signings have generally been inadequate.

His quote after the United game on Sunday was hilarious..........''next season the gap between us and the top teams will be narrower''. Could someone please tell this pillock of a manager that having spent £120m, we expect to be a top team. Not 30 points adrift from the top.

The board don't have the balls to sack him. He'll be here next season.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LOLY » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:59 pm

it took 120million to get rid of the disastrous spice boys tag and get us back to winning some trophies, thats how bad the state we were in when he took sole charge of the team, he needs time now to blend the team together and get the players he bought who are all generally young to start playing to their ability, and gain exxperience to be a contender for the championship, you cant just buy success like that, any joe soap could come off the street and spend 120m to be a championship winning team, KOP ON! :)
LOLY

Postby maguire27 » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:30 pm

If Houllier really loves the club just like he always professes, then like a true gentleman, he should just take a bow. He obviously isn't the man for the job so y not admit it and let someone else do a better job for a 'club that he loves'? [B] I really wish the Board would wake up to their senses and see the league table - We have a coach that keeps gibving excuses and fielding his players out of position. Almost 30 points behind Arsenal. Enuff said. :(
maguire27

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion