Reds to play boca?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:13 am

Boca Juniors are waiting on Liverpool and Fifa to agree to a new version of the Intercontinental Cup in December.

Boca have elicited an agreement from the Liverpool - the European champions - to face them, if The Reds' fixture list is not too congested.

Fifa are believed to be considering the proposal of the tournament - which would take place in Tokyo.

Boca believe a $1 million prize (£542,000) would be awarded to the winner, and vice president Pedro Pompilio explained the thinking behind the idea.

"We have done all the negotiations necessary and I can say that the only thing we are waiting for is the approval Fifa," said Pompilio.

"Uefa and Liverpool have both agreed with us to play a new edition of the Intercontinental Cup.

"It has been agreed that the winner of the match, which would be played in Tokyo, would receive $1 million.

"The only problem to be resolved is the calendar of Liverpool for December as they have to play the Club World Cup in that month in Japan."

-------------------------------------------------

can someone explain this to me?

are we playeying intercontinental cup and club world cup or what?
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:07 am

the world club championship is every four years,the intercontinental cup is every year between the champions league winners and the copa libitories cup winners"south american champions league winners"
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Red Tom » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:30 am

No, not anymore.  That was the original plan for the WCC, but now it is being relaunched as an annual tournament.  I guess the game against Boca would be like a World Charity Shield.  Worth winning one game for that kind of money though.  But if that affects the season anymore than it already will I would drop it.  Stay in Japan for all the Tournaments.  Have the Interncontinetal as the curtain raiser, stuff the teams in the WCC and go home with two trophies.
Red Red Tom

Postby liverpoolrich » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:55 am

so were still playing in the world cup championship
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby ArgentinaCRESPO » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:00 pm

boca juniors=liverpool=atletico madrid=besiktas
got no money,no car, not even a slut to :censored:/but i don't care/ because we are carsi, kings of the world. or:got no money for the bar/too ugly to pull a girl/no charisma to cut a cool image/but we belong to besiktas, so :censored: the lot of you. the club colours are black and white:white-black, life-death
ArgentinaCRESPO

Postby liverpoolrich » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:03 pm

ArgentinaCRESPO wrote:boca juniors=liverpool=atletico madrid=besiktas

are these the clubs in the wcc
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby Afroman » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:18 pm

Liverpoolrich finally got his signature down to size   :buttrock
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:58 pm

What does that mean ?
Why would atletico or besiktas be playing ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:07 pm

Afroman wrote:Liverpoolrich finally got his signature down to size   :buttrock

I preffered it the way it was :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:31 pm

these type of games are going to turn our season into a joke and a circus. the top teams are already pulling away and we`ve only really played the super cup final, we`ve got this championship rubbish in december yet. who honestly cares who wins this tournament? who was it who won the last one when united played in it? its just a fifa freakshow to raise the profile of the game in other area`s of the world. they`ve got this crazy idea of a world cup for clubs but in reality only really european teams can compete because they buy all the best players, at least in internationals the south americans and africans hold onto their star players.
liverpool have got a lot on our plate this season in the prem with chelsea and united setting a real pace and on top of that we`ve got to deal with the tidy squad`s newcastle and spurs have aquired i.e owen, luque, parker, emre etc. and not to mention the likes of bolton and everton who in reality gave a very good villereal all they could handle.
japan from the u.k is almost as far as australia, this trip will take its toll on our lads mark my words. they will be knackered by feb.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:37 pm

at least in internationals the south americans and africans hold onto their star players.

South Americans hold on to their star players? What a rubbish comment. Almost every South American who has an extreme amount of talent goes to Europe. Recent examples: Robinho,Cicinho,Maxi Lopez,Massi[spelling?],Kaka,Riquelme,etc...
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:50 pm

A.B. wrote:
at least in internationals the south americans and africans hold onto their star players.

South Americans hold on to their star players? What a rubbish comment. Almost every South American who has an extreme amount of talent goes to Europe. Recent examples: Robinho,Cicinho,Maxi Lopez,Massi[spelling?],Kaka,Riquelme,etc...

i meant in internationals where where you are born designates who you play for ( 99% of the time anyway)

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:51 pm

I hope that this one game doesn't affect our league fixtures as we already have two games in hand.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:45 am

I do not think so, the champions of Asia and the champions of Africa will play.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolrich » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:20 pm

A.B. wrote:

you forgot ronaldinhio and ze reberto
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion