Reds to play on hillsborough anniversary - Your thoughts.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redmikey » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:17 pm

It shouldn't be happening .

But if we are going to play we should use it as a great occasion to remember with dignity , pride and respect for the 96.

And it is another chance to make the igorant out there aware of the injustise done on that day.
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:57 am

Personally (and I didn't know anyone involved) I would imagine that I would prefer for LFC to play on the 15th April every year, as a mark of respect. So that the 96 may see these games, and know they are not forgotten.

I don't mean to upset anyone - I'm just saying what I would want if one of my relatives/friends had been lost that day.

R.I.P. to the 96 - You'll Never Walk Alone.  :(
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:07 am

you know lando I tend to agree with you to some degree. I think if by some miricle we could ask the 96 I think they'd want it played on that day. A convincing display of pure football and a good win is in order though. just my opinion. :)

rip
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:46 am

I'm more than little disappointed with Liverpool football Club on this matter. I find it difficult to believe that the game could not have been played the day after or before.

However I appreciate the comments about actively looking to play on thsi date as  amrk of respect to the 96.

Has anyone got any comnmments from the HJC and their thoughts as they represent the families of the lost and their wishes should always be paramount IMO....

Walk on .....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:49 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Personally (and I didn't know anyone involved) I would imagine that I would prefer for LFC to play on the 15th April every year, as a mark of respect. So that the 96 may see these games, and know they are not forgotten.

I don't mean to upset anyone - I'm just saying what I would want if one of my relatives/friends had been lost that day.

I agree with what lando is saying to a certain extent. One of my friends died a few years back and every year we go to the same place to celebrate his life, not mourn his death.

If there is a way we can turn it around so that when we play on this date we can make it more commemerative (% given to families or something like that) then we can show how strong we are as a fanbase and team and win this game for the 96

YNWA
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:38 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Personally (and I didn't know anyone involved) I would imagine that I would prefer for LFC to play on the 15th April every year, as a mark of respect. So that the 96 may see these games, and know they are not forgotten.

I think that's a great idea mate.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion