Passion? - ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stanley park » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:33 pm

lets forget istanbul for one moment,that apart do you feel the present squad of players, exculding the usual suspects,carra gerrard,display enough pride and passion to wear the proud red shirt.because on the recent performance's i feel questions have to be asked of many of the player's in the present squad. sissoko looks the part,but the rest of the signings look poor.i feel were going down the same road as when houllier was in charge,we seem to be buying quantity rather than quality.well what do you think?.
stanley park

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:49 pm

i for one are not happy with our performances so far. ok we won the super cup and we have kept two clean sheets in the league and we have got through to the CL group stages, but i know what your saying. we dont exactly play pretty football, as the likes of arsenal or chelsea. some players dont deserve to be in the squad IMO, how on earth zenden is keeping risse out of the first team at LM i dont know. i have summed up all of rafas signings in another post, and to be honest for me rafas transfers are on par: Flops vs Potentials/quality.
Flops = zenden, moro, pelegrino, josemi
Potentials/quality = alonso, sissoko, reina, garcia (ok garcia can be argued against)
we still need a great deal of creativity in the team, we can see without gerrard or alonso we pretty much do nothing (until cisse comes on) i disagree with the formation we have been playing, and we can clearly establish that playing moro upfront on his own doesnt work, we should be playing 4-4-2 IMO with cisse first choice striker, along with either moro or crouch (rotating). theres alot more i can say but i cant be asked to type.
oOShrimpyOo

Postby stanley park » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:54 pm

i agree wiyh everything you have said. thank's.???
stanley park

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion