The passion of the kop - Pundits, i'll sh#$ 'em

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:59 pm

hey
something has buggin me for a while. Alan Hansen doesn't like our team i think, im not that bothered, none of our old players seem to be appreciating us lately (those that are i sincerely apologise!)

And now im being told that we lack passion because of all the changes, i was wondering what everyone thought?

Personally ive never seen so much passion, well not for the last few years anyhow.

A few examples to back up my claims are Jamie C and Djimi T. These two players never shone as bright (JC always tried though, got to give him that). This season they ave been playing with the heart securely on the sleeve.

Just wondered what anyone else thought about this as it has been starting to get to me lately
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:05 pm

I personally think that cus there are so many ex Liverpool players in the media that they go over the top trying to make it look like they are not biased, and end up sounding like they hate the reds now.

This coupled with the fact that they must all be heart broken to have seen the pride of Europe put thru the mill by a succession of idiot/weak managers, makes them sound like they are not intrested.

Ask Alan Hansen who he supports and he will talk only of the reds.

Alan Kennedy is another one, red till dead. Mark Lawrenson on the other hand is a kiddy fiddler.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:07 pm

im not saying alan hansen isnt a red... but ive heard nicer thing from andy mcf**k greys mouth recently
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:10 pm

As I said Dawson, imagine the club you worked hard for, sweating blood and battling week in week out, then watch it crumble.

Its hard enough for me as a fan to take, but what if you where a player, who had been there done that. That would fuel resentment, for the people responsible, and then for the club eventually.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:12 pm

i see your point, but as a fan ive been ridden by all the gooners and mancs and stood by my team, and now more than ever im happy with how we play, so id like most of our ex player journos to either say something productive or not say anything at all. its got to the point where i cant watch any highlights as i keep throwing things at the tv!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:02 pm

Alan Hansen is a dyed in the wool red.He loves nothing better than to talk about Liverpool and has high hopes for us under the new regime.He was only on radio Merseyside the other day talking about John Peel and himself chatting about Liverpool till the early hours of the morning at a party they both attended.I have to say there are a few ex reds who love to gloat about our recent demise,but Jocky isn't one of them.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:05 pm

yeah, im just letting off steam, cant remember what i heard but lately just heard some stuff and its funny coz i havent been this happy football wise for a while
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:36 pm

I think Leon's right, it would be really easy to accuse them of being biased but I think they just try to hard to be impartial and end up looking like they dont like LFC... or something.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby laza » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:46 am

Dont worry Dawson , i think in next 18 months or so a lot of these pundits will be singing a different tune  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:55 am

cool, i also started this thread coz i liked the title :laugh:
itd just be nice for someone to mention us, not just manure and goon and chelski
we are making great progress
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:16 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:As I said Dawson, imagine the club you worked hard for, sweating blood and battling week in week out, then watch it crumble.

Its hard enough for me as a fan to take, but what if you where a player, who had been there done that. That would fuel resentment, for the people responsible, and then for the club eventually.

Leon...my sentiment exactly

Ask Alan Hansen who he supports and he will talk only of the reds ... Mark Lawrenson on the other hand is a kiddy fiddler.

Alan Hansen used to say that he let Lawro do all the headings coz that will eventually kill all your brain cells...guess he is right after all  :D
Hansen is a Red propaganda machine...and one of the best football pundit on TV IMO. Too bad I can't receive BBC here and only get to see Andy "the Blue nose" Gray every week!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:00 am

Santa wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:As I said Dawson, imagine the club you worked hard for, sweating blood and battling week in week out, then watch it crumble.

Leon...my sentiment exactly

Ask Alan Hansen who he supports and he will talk only of the reds ... Mark Lawrenson on the other hand is a kiddy fiddler.

Alan Hansen used to say that he let Lawro do all the headings coz that will eventually kill all your brain cells...guess he is right after all  :D
Hansen is a Red propaganda machine...and one of the best football pundit on TV IMO. Too bad I can't receive BBC here and only get to see Andy "the Blue nose" Gray every week!

Santa why have you got a blue font ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:39 am

Santa why have you got a blue font

I find "writing" and "signing name" in red to be offensive...maybe that's the belief where I come from...Santa's favourite shirt colour is Red of course! :cool:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:42 am

Santa wrote:
Santa why have you got a blue font

I find "writing" and "signing name" in red to be offensive...maybe that's the belief where I come from...Santa's favourite shirt colour is Red of course! :cool:

ok :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gabbyh » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:27 pm

Players need to know who is the Boss - that there is one chief and his word is law" ... Rafa Benitez

Santa, I love this quote!! Yeehaaaa!! A manager who knows he is BOSS and makes his players understand that. Do you think that is why he got rid of Michael Owen and Danny Murphy? They got too big for their boots? If I was MO, I would be humiliated that I was sold for only £8million.
gabbyh

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion