Rafa confirms stelios interest

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mkingdom » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:51 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:They also said that they won't accept a fee unless it is over £2 million.

I say we offer £2 million and a pound :D

Apparently Stellios has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave if anyone offers above £1m.

That's reported in the Bolton Evening News tonight.

No need to offer £2m  :D

For £1m I'd sign him.  We have no cover at all on the right side.  He proved last year he can score goals at this level, and £1m is peanuts in the scheme of things.
mkingdom

Postby JohnBull » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:15 pm

Everyone seems to be waiting for us to sign some wonderboy striker without looking at the direction that the team is being steered.
Raffa is obviously happy with the style he used at Valencia only now he's got a better budget and a board he can control, to an extent.
He is picking up players to fit into the final plan and midfielders/wingers whop can run the line are perefect, Zorba will fit in perfectly.
TRUST IN RAFFA
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:16 pm

Stelios scored for Bolton today and he played well.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:41 am

Take a leaf out of the Gerrard Houllier school of transfer dealings...if the selling club is holding out for £2 million and his contract allows for him to take-up any offers above £1 million, we should bid someting in excess of £2 million.

Take Baros' case. Liverpool wants £7 million, Villa have made a firm offer of £6.5 million. What does the head coach og Lyon, a certain Gerard Houllier do? Offer £8.5 million!
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Bench » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:13 am

You're allowed to slag houllier. He had a heart problem. Rule 6 I think?
The Bench

Postby The_Rock » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:14 am

if baros isn't good enuff for us.........then surely stelios isn't  :angry:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:17 am

Stupid comparison imo. Baros isn't good enough because despite playing more games than any other stiker he only managed to score 13 goals. Stelios is a winger and he's job is different than that from a striker.

If Baros could had produced what he does for the Czech Republic for this club then he wouldn't had been sold. I've seen Stelios play and he can play on either wing. Can cross the ball with either foot, he's disciplined and does not cut in a lot like Garcia does. Fights for the ball, can link up well with team-mates, can score goals whether they be crackers,headers or scrap goals. For 2 million pounds he provides a lot. I'd like to see Joaquin like anyone else would but he'd cost 10 times more, never has played in the Premiership and more likely could turn out to be a faillure.

Thats 20 million down the drain. Stelios would be a temporary solution until we find a permanet solution whether it be in January or next summer. I rather we have some sort of solution on the right then Garcia,Potter or Cisse on the right wing.

He isn't the only target and I'm sure Benitez has his eyes on others. I would like to see Salihamidzic here.
Last edited by A.B. on Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:37 am

adamnbarrett wrote:On SSN before, I can't believe this, bolton have branded us unprofessional for saying we want stelios. They said

"I can't believe a premiership club we have so much respect for announces they want one of our players on a match day, it is totally unprofessional."

They also said that they won't accept a fee unless it is over £2 million.

I say we offer £2 million and a pound :D

Maybe the place you got this qoute from (SSN you say, but dont know if off tv or web etc;) said it was about Liverpool, but actually those comments were in regard to Man City's offer for Stelios!!

They came out on the day of the match and announced they had lodged an official offer I believe!!
76-1115222408

Postby A.B. » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:42 am

Maybe the place you got this qoute from (SSN you say, but dont know if off tv or web etc;) said it was about Liverpool, but actually those comments were in regard to Man City's offer for Stelios!!

They made the comments when City made a bid, and today after we made our interest public.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:55 am

Fair enough, gonna go check it now, if it is the case then f.uck BW!!!!

:D
76-1115222408

Postby Siddy454 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:02 pm

Would be a good addition to the squad and scors plenty
1892 - 2005 - Liverpool F.C

18 League Titles
6 F.A Cups
7 League Cups                         
5 European Cups
3 UEFA Cups
3 European Super Cups
1 Super Cup
14 Charity Shields
Y.N.W.A
Siddy454

Postby rash » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:28 pm

i see the reasoning behind this, but we had a lot of time to sign somebody decent, but we left everything to the last week and now we need a band-aid solution.  I wish we could have forked out 10m for a world class right winger.
rash

Postby laza » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:33 pm

rash wrote:i see the reasoning behind this, but we had a lot of time to sign somebody decent, but we left everything to the last week and now we need a band-aid solution.  I wish we could have forked out 10m for a world class right winger.

I dont really think we chose to leave it all to the last minute.
There hasnt been that much available this summer, not sure why.
Just because he doesnt come from  some club i never heard of that is based in a country that i never go to.
Doesnt mean he wont be a success if we do buy him
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rash » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:02 pm

yeah he might do the job, but surely we all know the boundaries of stelios's capabilities
rash

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion