Benitez's team, not parry's. - Owen deal could spell trouble!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Woollyback » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:15 pm

Hustler :sleep  like background noise, annoying but easily ignored with a modicum of effort
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:31 am

A.B. wrote:
witht the baros money benitez will make a sneakey last day deal for dirk kuyt, 29 goals last season.

29 goals in the Dutch league. Kezman had an incredible record for PSV, where the feck is he now? .

Afraid to mention Van Nistlerooy i see.  :laugh:

Owen isn't coming here, get over it or support madrid like you secretly do.

can't wait to watch the kuyt fly!!!

hahahahahaha
109-1093441336

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:52 am

Afraid to mention Van Nistlerooy i see.

Why would I be afraid to mention Van Nistelrooy? Is Kuyt the next Van Nistelrooy in your eyes and based on what? Kezman had a better record than Nistelrooy and Kuyt I believe, and where the feck is he now?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby RifleRusher » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:07 am

you cant judge anything now... you never know... kuyt might become a success for us... you cant just assume or judge every dutch striker on some random general statistic you got from the past.... i mean... everyone thought cisse would be a real hero... look at him now.. horrible... did anyone think baros would be that good in euro?? no... so stop your stupid assumptions.. just let rafa decide who he wants and just let reality unfold rather than making up some dumb dream of your own and then regretting...
RifleRusher

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:35 am

I think the board should not push Rafa to sign any player he is not keen on even if he is MO. If theres one thing RB has shown in the past with Valencia its that evenm with success, if you p**s him off hes of. And we dont want that to happen here.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:42 am

We'll see how Kezman does in Spain. If he'd moved from PSV to another English club he'd have had more success. Chelsea played a lot of games with one striker and given how much money they'd spent on Drogba, he was always going to be first choice when fit.

He reminds me a bit like Forlan. Never really made it in the premier league but went to Spain and made Villareal an instant success.

The Dutch league has a great record of producing great players, and I'm not afraid to say that Kuyt could be as much a success for us as the horse at Man u or Ibrahimovic at JUventus
tel

Postby azriahmad » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:45 am

I agree.

It it just us fans (mostly) and some pundits - I mean missing out on what Benithez does not see in Owen.

MO has improved as an allround goalscorer, that much is evident because he still keeps banging in the goals despite being noticeably slower than when he was younger after a string of injuries on his hamstring. Also, if I may point out, MO has struggled in 2 successive international tournaments - the 2002 WC (not being fully fit) and Euro 2004. Is this a sign that he is somewhat easier to deal with by defenders now that his speed has diminished a bit?

Perhaps Rafa sees all this and deep down, he knows that MO won't fit into his preferred style of the lone striker no matter how much MO's all-round game has improved, because of his small size but reduced quickness will negate his improvements when playing against much bigger defenders as the lone front man.

What I see is a clear lack of width, especially on the right and when the opposition is organised, hard working and also hard tackling, there is no way through the middle. The flanks is a necessary option. Look at Chelsea and how successful they have been to switch tactics and approach if one plan fails to bring the desired effect. Of course, if the ball hits your striker's shin and bounce unexpectedly into the opposition net fooling both the marker and the opposition 'keeper would be a great bonus.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:46 am

Don't for one minute believe Parry or Moores will push Rafa into signing a player he does not want. It simply won't happen. If Michael Owen returns to the club it will be because the price is right and the boss wants him back.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:04 am

I would have MO over Kuyt anyday.Ya know if MO comes back you know he is goona score goals.But with Kuyt he is in the Deutch league which is totally different to the EPL so you don't know if he is gonna get ya goals.Rafa take a gamble
joependo

Postby banana » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:16 pm

Using Kezman or Nistelroy as evidence for how Kuijt is going to turn out is twisted.

Kuijt is his own man, and his development has nothing to do with how Nistelroy of Kezman turned out. Plain and simple.

I think Benitez admires Kuijt because he has a "good mentality". This is Benitez main thing. Mentality. Reports suggest that Kuijt is strong as a bull and gives 110% effort in training as well as in games. Having a squad of players with such a mentality is Benitez's dream.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby lfclfclfc » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:19 pm

mistyred wrote:Stop all the talking it will be over soon let's face it nobody know's what the gafa want's he shout's out team selections in his sleep for god's sake.

so let's all be cool people, 9 days just Nine days :p

as long as owen continues to sit on real's bench, we'll go through this again in january.  :Oo:
lfclfclfc

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:59 pm

Using Kezman or Nistelroy as evidence for how Kuijt is going to turn out is twisted.

Kuijt is his own man, and his development has nothing to do with how Nistelroy of Kezman turned out. Plain and simple.

I think Benitez admires Kuijt because he has a "good mentality". This is Benitez main thing. Mentality. Reports suggest that Kuijt is strong as a bull and gives 110% effort in training as well as in games. Having a squad of players with such a mentality is Benitez's dream.

We won't be buying Kuyt because Feyenoord want too much for him, that was the problem the first time we made the bid on him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby red marauder » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:25 pm

"Owen deal"could spell trouble. try as i might i don't seem able top get this answer.
"Owen deal" could spell- A new dole
                                -An old wee
                                -A dele now  (Adebola anyone?)
                                - Alone wed  (phone a friend)
                            so there!! :D :D :D
RED MARAUDER
red marauder

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion