Benitez's team, not parry's. - Owen deal could spell trouble!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spion » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:57 pm

If Benitez gets his way Owen'll not be joining the Reds. Not now, not never. He has no intention of reuniting the old boys, when he's in the middle of the Rafalution.
One second we dont need another striker if/when Baros leaves & now the manager is'nt ruling out a move for Feyenoord's Dirk Kuyt. Word at Anfield is that when Parry brought up the mooted move for Owen Benitez replied that if they had £10million for a striker he'd gladly spend it but not on Owen, on Kuyt! Top scorer in Holland last season & the air apparent of a certain horse faced manc forward, Kuyt would be good buisness at a reported £7.5million & at twenty the right age.
Owens last season at Anfield was anything but good, plagued by rumours of a move away that he never denied & constant comments about wanting to win things. Imagine him watching the champions league final(he did'nt he went on his holls to Florida) as Stevie lifted the cup.
No Owen's not Benitez's man but I imagine Kuyt, Stuttgart's Fernando Meira & a certain Nobby Solano from Villa now very muck look like Rafa's new men. It could be an interesting few days. YNWA
spion

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:58 pm

i give in. use the owen thread.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:00 pm

FFS! I'm tired of the transfer market.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby mistyred » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:04 pm

Stop all the talking it will be over soon let's face it nobody know's what the gafa want's he shout's out team selections in his sleep for god's sake.

so let's all be cool people, 9 days just Nine days :p
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:10 pm

how good is this kuyt,and is he the next horse face
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liverpoolrich » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:14 pm

as i said before ive never seen kuyt so dont no what to say i could say that i want owen and kuyt could have a fantastic season
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:24 pm

You muppets actually believe that we'll pay 11 million for Kuyt after we refused to pay 10.5 the first time we came in contact with Feyenoord :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby mistyred » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:30 pm

Let's face it who the hell know's anything right know, it's like a nine year own waiting for christmas,........ And i can honestly say it sucks :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the mighty reds » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:11 pm

spion wrote:be good buisness at a reported £7.5million & at twenty the right age.

dirk kuijt is 25 and we could be in a bidding war with man city and spurs also in for him.

maybe this is came out to keep quiet the owen storys so rafa can work a deal on the quiet.
the mighty reds

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:13 pm

Feyenoord want 20 million euro for him. I doubt that City can afford that, and I don't think we're willing to pay that amount of money.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stoney » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:23 pm

A.B. wrote:Feyenoord want 20 million euro for him. I doubt that City can afford that, and I don't think we're willing to pay that amount of money.

What teams want aint always what they get. Look at the  essien transfer among others. If Kuyt does leave this summer I know that it defo wont be as much as 20m euros.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:36 pm

What teams want aint always what they get. Look at the  essien transfer among others. If Kuyt does leave this summer I know that it defo wont be as much as 20m euros.

Lyon got what they wanted. The initial bid for Essien was 10 million pounds, and they squeezed as much as they could out of Chelsea. Their mission is accomplished, they made Chelsea over spend on yet another player.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stoney » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:44 pm

Yes chelsea did over spend as always but Lyon actually wanted 32m (the same amount they offered us for gerrard) not the 24m they received.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:46 pm

The only reason we are interested is to get them to raise the price and force tottenham to fork over more cash to get him.  Rafa has been silently playing with other squads transfers and they are emptying their pockets just to keep their target.  Just look at cichino or w/e his name is.  tho I must admit that I hope we can get Cichino, as he looks like a good prospect.

Secondly The fact that moore and parry are trying to push Benitez into buying Owen coyuld represent a problem in the future as the is Benitez's squad and he wants to keep it that way.  This was the reason for Benitez leaving Vaencia.  Though i feel this may be overblown by the fact that Moores is willing to pay for Owen out of his own pocket.  My only concern is now Lyon may be interested in making a swoop for Owen because that little bag of :censored: Baros refused to go to Lyon and screwed us out of an additional 2 million pounds !!  So we'll see how things really end up and it will be an interesting outcome no matter what happen.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PinkPantha » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:53 pm

I can't wait for the transfer market to close so all this speculation can end
PinkPantha

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion