Time to trust the manager? - Transfer whispers just that.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:46 am

They have already turned down 16M from Man U. I think it will take somewhere in the region of £20 + to prize him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:19 am

daddyo wrote:Most people seem to be ok with the potential signing of Zenden, however i've only seen him as average.
I'm not saying he's a bad player but i just don't see him making a massive difference to our club.
also if he was so good why are 'boro gonna let him go?

I know he's toward the end of his contract and his agent(who happens to be his pa) says its not about cash, but are they really putting up a  fight to keep him?

He was also bombed by Chelski in the not too distant past.
??? ???

Boro want to keep zenden but he's out of contract, they're not 'letting him go'
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:21 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:I still that we should go for some Newscaslte United players like Jenas, Dyer, Milner and Boumsong. They are in big ploblem now where team mates fighting each other and some of the players are not happy with the manager and we should take that chance .

Please... someone tell me your having a laugh???

I wouldn't take Jenas and Dyer in a million years.  Simply because they both have terrible attitudes. 

Stelios I think will be a great signing for LFC.. A tough little guy who works his socks off and isn't scared to battle with the big boys.  Exactly the sort of player we missed last season.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:56 am

Please... someone tell me your having a laugh???I wouldn't take Jenas and Dyer in a million years.  Simply because they both have terrible attitudes. 

People can change to better person and I think both of them change as a person and a player.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby RedorDead » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:59 pm

Please... someone tell me your having a laugh???I wouldn't take Jenas and Dyer in a million years.  Simply because they both have terrible attitudes. 

People can change to better person and I think both of them change as a person and a player

I have to agree with Ola...I wouldn't have Dyer if he played for free, Jenas is a better player with a better attitude I think but still we don't need him.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:01 pm

LFC have had their fair share of difficult players over the years. The club itself can change a player beyond recognition.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:52 pm

I agree with RedorDead.
Jenas is nothing better than okay, and Dyer's name sez it all.

It was suggested on the BBC that Zenden fancies Champion's League rather than the UEFA cup...who doesn't?!  I'd personally rather buy a wide right midfielder but I trust Rafa to do what's best.

I'll be on tenterhooks tomorrow waiting for the rumoured press conference to be announced...wonder who it'll be.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby mersey60 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:31 pm

i think we can do better than jenas and dyer
mersey60

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:16 am

So here we are. It's the 1st of July 2005 and the transfer window for the new season is once again open. I for one am already looking forward to the new season already as European Champions, hoping for a marked improvement in the Premiership. The problem is of course that the whole season is in danger of being an anticlimax when you consider the magic achievement that night in Istanbul. A lot of fans are already panicking about the lack of noise or activity regarding potential transfer targets but i have some advice for them.

DO NOT PANIC. PLAYERS WILL ARRIVE HERE OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS.

Of course, I'm talking about a minority of fans here. Some delusional fans feel that because we are European Champions, we should be going out and splashing 15m on this player and 20m on that player. That just isn't going to happen. Benitez has never really operated in this way, and will more likely than bring in 3-4 lesser high profile players. Jose Reina looks likely to arrive in the next few days. The same for Boudewyn Zenden and possibly even Dirk Kuyt. Apart from these three, I can only really see another centre back arriving, most likely from Spain if rumours are to be believed.

Of course this is the silly season after all. We've been linked with everyone from Figo, to Stelios, to Shaun Wright Phillips. Our profile has obviously been raised once again after last season's success and players will want to come here, but the craving for "world stars" was just never realistic. Personally I would have preferred Rafa to have gone for more established Premiership players who know the League but I suppose we'll have to trust him on this one. After all, he didn't do too badly with Alonso and Garcia did he?

To be honest, I don't think it's even that important for the players to be signed before the Champions League qualifying rounds deadline. I mean it's not like we desperately need them to beat TNS and a team from the Faroe Islands over two legas is it? Apart from a few departures, the squad is still pretty much the same, only we have a fit Cisse and Morientes now. All in all, the most important thing is getting players who will be fit and ready for our assault on the Premiership come August 13th.

We are already taking steps in the right direction by bringing in some exceptional young talent from the continent. We have aready seen a young Spanish right back called Barragan arrive. Chilean winger Mark Gonzalez is rumoured to be moving to us on loan for a year. We have also brought a young 16 year old from Lincoln today from under the noses of Arsenal which bodes well for the future.

In Rafa we trust :buttrock
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion