Time to trust the manager? - Transfer whispers just that.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spiralstairs00 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:31 am

If the Zenden stories true then good, we need a player like him. We have Harry not so cool & even though Riise did a good, no wonderful job last season we need a more natural winger who beats players & can cross al la Digger Barnes. The one that worries me is the Stellios thread. He's not a bad player but he's also not a Liverpool player, not a natural footballer & a bit of a hatchet man to boot, hehe. This coupled with the fact he's the wrong side of thirty, how can he be a signing for the European champions??? We should be going after players like Jenas, Parker & Zenden. Players that excite but can play more often than one in ten. Also wheres the money. We won the Champ league got 20million from that & we had about 15million to spend anyhoo. We can buy players & yet go looking for bargins.
spiralstairs00

Postby Garymac » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:39 am

Do u know what surprises me most of all, Zenden is only 28, we are getting a player who is comfortable in the prem at the top level, on a free and possibly at the peak of his game, he could just turn out to be a little star, im defo up for him coming
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:41 am

Remember around 9 players left on a free so they have to be replaced first. I can only assume RB is planning a complete new look squad for next season. Its not all about spending. Man U spent mega bucks last season and didnt win scrap. Arsenal hold the record for only spending £78M the whole time since Wengers been in charge. That is a testiment to Arsen Wengers talent spotting potntial. RB also posesses this and i think by the time the first ball is kicked we will see a couple or exciting young spaniards.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:43 am

Yes i was always a fan of Zenden when he was at Barca, but he was too overcrowded back then by the talent like Rivaldo and Figo. As Mbro, he was one of the few players with a lot of talent. I think Liverpool will suit him perfectly. Im sure he will be able link up well with th elikes of Gerrrard and Alonso.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:48 am

So next season he will have hopefully Zended on a free, possibly Figo, Stellios for around 1M, Mikel Roque on a free, Barragan also on a free. Not bad. Thats almost half a squad, a pretty decent squad if i might say so. So that should still give him more than enough to splash out on the likes of D Kuyt, J Reina, P Aimar. I cant wait till next season.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:56 am

I have no problem with Zenden coming here on a free, sounds like good business.
Players like Stellios are needed for those gritty winter away fixtures on saturday against middle table united or bottom of table city after those  glamour players who have starred in mid-week European magical nights just seem too tired out to play well enough to get the points for us
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:08 am

Yes definatley. And Rafa knows this. I dont think were gonna see any more matches like against Birminghan.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:08 am

I wonder how much Zenden is asking?
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:10 am

Probabaly not much maybe £30,000 - £40,000 a week.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:47 pm

In Rafa we trust !
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:56 pm

I still that we should go for some Newscaslte United players like Jenas, Dyer, Milner and Boumsong. They are in big ploblem now where team mates fighting each other and some of the players are not happy with the manager and we should take that chance .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:00 pm

Jenas is quite good but certainly not boumsong. He has been quite arrogant towards LFC and i would prefer to give Zak Whitbread the nod rather than buying him.

Milner is far more quality that nunez though.
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:08 pm

Zenden,Kuyt,reina all will be very welcome additions to the club.I honestly think we can challenge chelsea and co for the league next season.Rafa's the man to do it.:p
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:14 pm

agree with you H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:43 pm

Fernando Morientes > 19 < wrote:Jenas is quite good but certainly not boumsong. He has been quite arrogant towards LFC and i would prefer to give Zak Whitbread the nod rather than buying him.

Milner is far more quality that nunez though.

To my knowledge Boumsong was not arrogant towards LFC

It was Houllier who stalled on the deal to bring Boumsong here, and after a lack of progress Boumsong opened talks with Rangers and Houllier then took offence to this and dropped his interest (much to the surprise of everyone).  Boumsong later admitted that LFC was his first choice but that the problem was with Houllier.

You can't blame Boumsong for speaking to other clubs to see what was on offer, it was Houllier who scuppered our chances of signing him  :angry:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion