Petition work?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby babu » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:31 pm

i was just wondering if any of the online petitions helped LFC's bid to participate in the CL this year.

I know that i signed 2 (different) petitions that where linked from this forum. Does anyone know if these petitions had any significant effect on the outcome? , or was it, as i suspect that the major drivers for inclusive were corparate and commercial as opposed to individual. Not that i mind, just interested.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:35 pm

I would say that every little bit of pressure helped. The petitions didn't swing it on their own, but they certainly helped, in some shape or form.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby babu » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:44 pm

I am sorry ( iam a little :censored: and tired)i guess is should clarify. What i mean is that:
u only ever hear about petitions, when appealing an unfavourable decision. I.E LFC did not get, but over 30k signed petition...
I never heard of anyone making any decision based on a online petition. I am just wondering if it was worth the 2 seconds it took to sign it. (IMO there is no doubt it worth it)
As you just said JBG the pressure helped. But what's the reason for not aknowleding the pressure. same mentality as 'we will not give in to terrorist demands?' I think that is probably it, you know, nobody wants to encourage it. ...maybe i am just rambling.. :p

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:03 pm

Has anyone noticed how when you've had some beer you can waffle about any old garbage?

:D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:51 pm

Lee J wrote:Has anyone noticed how when you've had some beer you can waffle about any old garbage?

Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:54 pm

let the wafflage commence :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:43 am

Totally agree im a bit :censored: now and believe im the reason behind LIverpool being in europe :Oo:  :Oo:  :Oo: the things is u could hold a petition over anything if i thought oh forget it im talking out my ar$e sorry im going to bed
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Return to General Chat Forum