Scott parker - Chelsea are ready to release him

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Sat May 28, 2005 7:54 am

Extremely naive point of view RedorDead. Not every player can a "top class first teamer" as they simply won't put up with being second choice. For example if let's say Kaka came in and was benched behind Stevie G and Alonso the whole season would he put up with it, no he wouldn't.

every top team needs a blend of world class players, and sqaud players capable of doing a good job if needed.

This is why their isn't one team in Europe which has 22 world class players in their sqaud, their is a mixture of world class palyers, calss players, and good hard-working sqaud players who get the job done when called upon, IMO Parker is one of these.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Sat May 28, 2005 8:24 am

I think you miss my point a little, I agree that a team needs squad players, our European Cup win this year is based on players like Biscan, Mellor, Pognolle, Hamman and others...our squad won the title. I just feel that we have a good squad and that we need extra quality. We have Alonso, Gerrard, Hamman has another year and Biscan, do we need Parker on top of that? I don't think so, Only a top class midfield player is going to positively effect what we have at the moment.
In addition I would suiggest that Parker needs first team football, he is not going to settle for being a squad player, he was on the England fringe not so long ago and if he wants any chance of getting back there sitting on our bench will not suit him.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat May 28, 2005 4:01 pm

Dalglish wrote:Maybe Scott Parker is typical of so many players who perform at smaller clubs (Charlton) but struggle when asked to step up a level. (Chelsea).

I would be very surprised if Rafa takes an interest and after his heroics this wek who is going to argue with Sir Benitez :D

Im fairness Dalglish surely you have too consider who is keeping him out of the Chelsea team ? .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat May 28, 2005 4:18 pm

FFS we are champions of Europe.

Parker?

What a joke.
Pick him up from Chelsea's trashcan we wont.

European champions don't sign sh!t poo muck. We sign Xabi's, Hleb's, Gattuso's, Duff's, Ronaldo's, Adriano's

Agreed.

Gattuso would come and sit on the bench here. Also we can afford to sign Ronaldo and Adriano. Why don't we get Schevchenko aswell as backup. The wages wouldn't be a problem.

Infact... why dont' we jsut go and sign, Henry, Schevchenko, Owen, Ronaldo, Adriano, Crespo, Anelka and keep Cisse and Morientes aswell.

And in midfield, Biscan and Hamann... they aren't good enough, lets go and sign Vieira, Makelele, Essien, Xavi and Lampard aswell. Then if we get an injury we have a luxiorious squad to pick from.

I mean we are LFC, we shouldn't have good players, good players don't win you anything, you need every player to be world class.  :kungfu:
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat May 28, 2005 4:20 pm

Scott get a clue lad, :censored: ell everyone knows we're LFC and Vieira, Makelele and Lampard would be happy to come here and be part of our squad.

Not only could we give them all enough games to keep them all happy, but we could also afford there wages, because we're LFC and they don't want paying to play for us.

You should know that.
115-1073096938

Postby stmichael » Sat May 28, 2005 4:24 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Infact... why dont' we just go and sign, Henry, Schevchenko, Owen, Ronaldo, Adriano, Crespo, Anelka and keep Cisse and Morientes aswell.

because they're all too similar imo stu. they'd all be making the same runs and getting in each others way.

:laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:
Last edited by stmichael on Sat May 28, 2005 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Sat May 28, 2005 4:34 pm

Stu, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit mate. :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat May 28, 2005 4:48 pm

Highest form of intelligence!!  :buttrock
115-1073096938

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion