Time to admit gerrards departure? - Chelsea ready big offer!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spiralstairs00 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:28 pm

"I imagine being able to select Stevie for the next ten years!" Those were Rafa the gaffa's words after Liverpools wonder night at Anfield on Wednesday. Well unless Benitez is on the next train to Stamford bridge  his comments were pie in the sky. Gerrard's heart may be at Liverpool but his head is definitely in London! Peter Kenyon has been instructed to buy Stevie this January for £30million but if Liverpool stall on doing buisness he's been told to break the bank with a world record bid of £50million!!!! I'm sorry but there's a chance we may only see Steven Gerrard in a Liverpool shirt for another two maybe three games! If the talk of fees is true Liverpool will be unable to refuse & our only world class player will depart. I'm a die hard red & never want to see our best leave but if he's not committed what do we do?
spiralstairs00

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:30 pm

If he wants to stay, we should keep him.

But if he's not committed, we sell him, no player is bigger than the club.
jonnymac1979

Postby Paul C » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:50 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:If he wants to stay, we should keep him.

But if he's not committed, we sell him, no player is bigger than the club.

Argeed Jonny, he won't go in January but if we don't finish 4th or above then he'll deffo be in a blue shirt next season and it won't be Everton  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:17 pm

Another Gerrard topic ???

There is a clause in his contract saying if hes not happy with the way the team are playing he can go for 30 mill.

Ya know what I cant wait for this week to be over, we had all this sh#te last week with him sayin hes goin,
On the day before we are tryin to qualify for the CL, perfect timing wouldnt ya say?
Then we get beat by the blue sh#te yesterday, its been a weird week one full of Hurt thru stevie, then on a high wednesday nite, thursday, friday, then saturday at 3 it was like we had been booted everywhere I  was lower than ever.
This has been one horrible week and TBH I cant wait till january get this year out the way, and hopefully things will turn around ourway.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:34 pm

Steven Gerrard is a great player. The heart of THIS team, but for 50 million SELL SELL SELL. If he is going to leave, and the club can get that money for him, well it's a no brainer. We should not get attatched to ONE player after all it is a TEAM sport.

He will be missed, but Liverpool Football Club lives on forever.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:47 pm

For 50 million we should sell him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Poolinc. » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:54 pm

If the captain wants out, let him go. But imagine this for one moment.....
Imagine if we, the fans decided, that if Liverpool didn't win substantial trophies soon, we were all going to bugger off and support some team we thought would!!
It makes me so angry :angry:  ALL LIVERPOOL PLAYERS SHOULD BE LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS TOO!!
They play for the greatest football club in the world, bar none! Even, when the Mancs fluked (and make no mistake, it was a fluke)the European Cup their only concern was if Merseyside was watching!! Because they know , what we all know, ALL teams well forever dwell in the shadow of Liverpool.
If Stevie G, doesn't pinch himself everyday to make sure he aint just dreaming that he is captain of Liverpool fc, then let him ****** off and take the Russians money, like the rest of the Stamford mercenaries...
Is there any bloody loyalty left. Does even Gerrard have a judas price??
I AM SO ANGRY :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
Poolinc.

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:00 am

50 Million - yes sell him.
But he is not worth 50 million. I love him, he is god, but no player should be sold for 50 million quid - i remember the outcry when Clough bought Trevor Francis for 1 million! you could not buy a decent teenager for that!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobG14 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:15 am

If Gerrard wants to join chelsea then fu ck him! He ain't bigger than lfc, weve had many of better players in the past so who does he think he is. What makes me laugh is that he is or was in the past thinking of enhancing his carear by joining chelsea (WHO THE FU CK ARE CHELSEA!!!!) All gerrards is interested in is the money, if his heart was really with liverpool then he would commit himself to the club unconditionally, end of story!
RobG14

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:20 am

I think that is unfair. Give him a chance. SG can and may still become one of the most successful skippers the side has had.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:36 am

I'd rather sell him to Madrid than Chelsea. Letting your rivals for the Premier League title have your best player is not exactly helpful, regardless of how much money it generates for you.

I still think we can do enough this season to convince him that we'll be genuine contenders next season. Chelsea could get knocked out of the CL in the first knockout stage, and what if we made - say - the semis?

We certainly haven't heard the last of the transfer talk, but I still think that there's a few years at Anfield for Stevie G yet, so long as he buttons his lip and inspires some of his current clubmates to doing something useful.
ivor_the_injun

Postby sinema » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:32 am

spiralstairs00 wrote:"I imagine being able to select Stevie for the next ten years!" Those were Rafa the gaffa's words after Liverpools wonder night at Anfield on Wednesday. Well unless Benitez is on the next train to Stamford bridge  his comments were pie in the sky. Gerrard's heart may be at Liverpool but his head is definitely in London! Peter Kenyon has been instructed to buy Stevie this January for £30million but if Liverpool stall on doing buisness he's been told to break the bank with a world record bid of £50million!!!! I'm sorry but there's a chance we may only see Steven Gerrard in a Liverpool shirt for another two maybe three games! If the talk of fees is true Liverpool will be unable to refuse & our only world class player will depart. I'm a die hard red & never want to see our best leave but if he's not committed what do we do?

Spiral-How come you're privy to the conversations in the Chelsea boardroom?  You should tell our people to stall on 30 million to ensure we get 50 million.  We would be mad to refuse that sort of offer, but what if we stall on that too?
Please keep us informed.
sinema

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:35 am

:D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:00 am

Someone should pull the lad aside and tell him he's rocks in his head. If Chelsea wins the league this year, their boss will be bored and look for a new toy outside football. The money will dry up and the players will leave.

The money is only there at Chelsea until they win something. Or does anyone seriously believe this guy is going to keep funding them for 50 years until they have a Real Madrid reputation. ******.

Chelsea is for one season. The LFC is forever.

I'd take 30m and two of their players. Cech Duff Gudjohnsen or Huth. Lets see if that Potrugese thief wants Stevie so bad he'd give something up. Money they have enough of.
tel

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:51 am

i agree tel, if Chelsea in the league a couple of times and a European Cup I think Abramovich will be off and Chlesea will begin to decline to into mediocrity.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion