Postby A.B. » Fri May 27, 2005 9:32 pm

The team as a whole.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby coolsobs » Fri May 27, 2005 10:45 pm

kewell was class i like his amazing trickery. especially when he fooled the milan defence into thinkin he was injured. pure class :D
coolsobs

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 27, 2005 11:59 pm

its a club effort - including the likes of flo sinama pongolle who came on against olympiacos to change the game in the earlier rounds.
of course special mention must go to rafa, when he joined, liverpool football club had lost one of its two star players and the other was considering leaving, the club didnt have the resources it once had financially to overhaul the poor squad he inherited and it seemed the press was determined to put the boot in at every opportunity as they sucked up to the clubs rolling in cash. to the footballing world we were a spent force and a fading star.
add to this an horrific injury list and trying to adapt to life in a foreign country and you have a little what rafa was faced with.
not once did he moan or complain or look for excuses even in the dark times like burnley or united or everton away.
football is the biggest sport on the planet by a country mile - no other sport even comes close - and the biggest prize any club side can win is the champions league. this is the prize that all the richest clubs in the world strive for, spend millions upon million of pounds for, and the reason why all the best players from the four corners of the earth descend on europe.
it is basically the world cup of club football.
you cant get any higher in the club game.
and the trophy is here in liverpool. i had tears in my eyes outside the ground yesterday.
thank you so much the players and staff of liverpool football club and especially you mr benitez.
you`re not the only one struggling to find the words in english to express how you feel.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby RedorDead » Sat May 28, 2005 7:57 am

Ditto...it is a team effort, the whole club won the title and I echo the comments about other players in earlier rounds, there were some big contributions from the whole squad early on. Biscan is worthy of mention, Mellor chipped in with a crucial goal, it is the whole club
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Sat May 28, 2005 8:05 am

And we've also got ourselfs to remember - the fans.
L'pool success wouldn't be possible without all the Red fans at Anfield, traveling with our lads, and the rest of supporters from all over the world. :)
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat May 28, 2005 8:17 am

coolsobs wrote:kewell was class i like his amazing trickery. especially when he fooled the milan defence into thinkin he was injured. pure class :D

I read the first part of that post and thought you were fookin nuts! But then their was the second sentence.  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion