Chelsea victory

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Waterloo Red » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:50 pm

The Omens are out, not won at Chelsea since 87/88 (???), is this a turnaround of fortunes or just another favourable blip. Hopefully not.

Houllier didn't even mention the character of the team tonight but after all the political talk this is a great result with even one of the offending signings winning us the game... Diouf didn't dive and did put in a half decent performance despite the sending off which was either a tangle of laces but more like the fault of a cheating Mutu something diouf removed from his game tonight!!!

Good performanced by Heskey, a wondering performance by Murphy and Djimi definatley earning a spot for another game.

Lets roll, as if anything, Liverpool are building a squad of players to win a title in the future, not too far in the future but we will see. New signings still needed.

Split personalities rule:)
Waterloo Red

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:55 pm

we won thats all that matters
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby Dalglish » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:57 pm

We were defensivesly superb tonight , Bruno scoring , whats happening in the world of football !!!!! You going Sat darren ? :P
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:01 am

let u know tomorrow 300 miles is still a bit far to c them get beat by villa old boy
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:05 am

Get beat !!!!!! I see your natural pessimism hasn't changed then ! LOL:D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:25 am

mmm c what happends:;):
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby SCOUSER9 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:36 am

I HAVE FAITH THAT WE CAN TURN THIS SEASON AROUND NOW...
STARTED AGIANST CHELSEA AT HOME AND LOST...WE HAVEN'T REALLY PICKED ARE SELVES UP FROM THEN...
NOW WE HAVE BEATEN THEM AWAY... LETS HOPE THAT THIS IS THE START OF ARE SEASON AND WE CAN GO ON TO PUSH EVEN FOR THE THIRD PLACE NOT THE FORTH (OR FIRST, STILL MATHEMATICALLY POSSIBLE)
WLAK ON HOULLIER

HI DAR AND IAN
:cool: :p
SCOUSER9

Postby supersub » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:37 am

1989/1990 season was the last victory at Chelsea.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:42 am

The players must gain strength from such a massive result.Villa will be brushed aside.........so darrin,travel the 300 miles,it will be worth it.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby greenred » Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:12 am

Liverpool were magnificent,but ill reserve my judgement till the weekend game.Traore was brilliant.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:45 am

Hope the momentum of winning at Chelski carries thru to give the whole squad a much needed lift and really turn the season around to achieve a champions' league place next season.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:08 am

Encouraging undoubtedly but let's not kid ourselves people, one swallow and all that.......

When I saw the teamsheet with Biscan, Traore and Cheyrou starting I could see nothing but a thumping. Fair play to Djimi, he had one of his better games although an uneccesarily flailing arm in the penalty box toward the end could've cost us. Cheyrou may have scored but showed little else.

I know that it's not good enough at the start of the season to aspire to 4th place but it's now the only crumbs we can take this year. It's our's for the taking but we've got to put a run of wins together, Saturday will speak volumes me thinks.....

Come on you Mighty Reds!!!!
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:30 am

RedSi, one step at a time. Hopefully the team's mental strength also receive a big boost after defeating Chelski at the Bridge with them in their pomp will at least give us some much needed mental resillience to grind results and get qualifies into the champions' league next season.
Regardless of this achievement, I still think Houllier has to go.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:37 am

Ariahmad - Did I say anything in my post that would in the slightest bit suggest that I was getting carried away.....?
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:03 am

Great result, the best we've had since beating UTD at Cardiff last year, and it was the first time in ages I felt a bit of joy being a Liverpool supporter.

Traore played surprisingly well, Cheyrou took his goal very well and now looks a bit fitter and stronger than last year, and Heskey led the line very well all night, stretching Chelsea at times.

Congradulations Mr. Houllier, it was a great result.

However, I think people are kidding themselves if they think this is the beginning of something great. We rode our luck at times last night, especially Mutu's header off the bar and the dubious decision that went Hyppia's way right at the death. I think the talking point is more about Chelsea losing ground in the title race rather than Liverpool turning the corner.

It would be great if we could build on this by beating Villa at home and going on a run, but I can see us hitting a few sticky patches in the spring and at this stage I think it'll be balls out stuff as I fear Newcastle will get the bit between the teeth and go hell for leather for the fourth spot.

It's nice to have Owen returning with the team slowly improving, but we still have enormous problems.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion