Gerard voted fans player of the season - Cant believe it's not carra.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri May 13, 2005 1:06 pm

Woollyback wrote:hmmmm...... a poll swamped by 14 year old Malaysians perhaps?

deffo
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri May 13, 2005 1:18 pm

I'm from Hong Kong and I 'm offended by your statement about Asian people who know nothing about football. Asian people love football just as much. In fact, it is the number one sports in almost every Asian countries. Most of them follow football not just within their country. They follow EPL, the Spanish League, the Italian league and Bundesliga as well. They might know even more than you do. I think its funny that you are making a fool of yourself by making the accusation on Asian while you know nothing about them. How wise of you!

Get over it. He didn't say all asians know nothing. He said alot of asians that know nothing will vote for the most famous.

Ask asian women who's the best player, Beckham or Joaquin. Who are gonna say... even Beckham or Zidane...

St Michael you ractist :no Disgraceful, how dare you suggest that someone in asia might know nothing about the sport.

:no

As for you knowing more about the sport, how many LIVE games do you go to?

Its impossible to judge players off a tv screen without actually watching the game at this level LIVE. You don't get any idea how good these players actually are. I've played with league one players (division 2) and alot of them are VERY VERY good players with extreme fitness levels.

There touch and everything about them is superb, then when you compare them to the likes of Zidane you see how good he really is.
115-1073096938

Postby stmichael » Fri May 13, 2005 1:21 pm

stu_the_red wrote:St Michael you racist :no Disgraceful, how dare you suggest that someone in asia might know nothing about the sport.

where the f#ck did i mention asian people? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Fri May 13, 2005 3:16 pm

Cheers Stu.

Akumaface, you might know more about football than be. My point is that groups of people who don't have much of a football culture like Asia (I acknowledge it is growing) or women, confuse fame with ability.

Beckham is by far the most famous player in the world and some parts of the world (!!!!) think that means that he is the best. How many people do you see in Asia with Schevchenko flags.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri May 13, 2005 3:18 pm

BTW- many people in Ireland and Britain also don't know the difference. I mean, I think Paul Scholes is the most talented English player (on slide now though) but gets little media coverage.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon May 16, 2005 1:12 am

akumaface wrote:Its not about who is the best player. It simply a popularity contest. But I'm still surprise Diao got a vote haha.  :D

Maybe he got his mom a ticket for a game, she liked it here and wanted to thank her wee boy  :love:
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion